The Multifamily Debt & Structured Finance group offers loan origination, underwriting and closing services. Ranked a Top Lender by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae in 2022, the seasoned team provides clients with innovative and comprehensive investment solutions by accessing a full complement of debt products including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, Bridge, Life Company, Bank, Equity Sourcing and Conduit products through affiliates and partners.
The Multifamily Capital Markets Servicing & Asset Management team of experienced real estate professionals service and manage $71 billion of assets for our impressive roster of clients. This includes more than 3,500 loans in 48 states. Diverse in nature and scope, our nationwide serviced portfolio includes permanent loans, construction and forward products, mezzanine financing and negotiated/multi-asset transactions loans. Loans serviced are secured by multifamily, healthcare, lodging, mobile home parks, office, retail, self-storage, industrial and mixed-use properties. Learn more about the servicing and asset management team here.
Multifamily Debt Products and Programs
Innovative and comprehensive investment solutions and a proven track record of excellence in execution.
Newmark serves as a direct lender providing a fully integrated origination, underwriting, closing, servicing and asset management platform. We provide financing to public corporations, private equity groups and individuals owning or acquiring a diverse array of multifamily property types. Our team is set apart by our superior breadth of experience and depth of knowledge across the multifamily industry. We pride ourselves on a team-based engagement model, which allows for the delivery of customized capital solutions unique to each borrower’s particular situation. As a result, we’ve earned a reputation for extraordinary service and top-notch guidance. We offer our discerning clients speed, creativity, ease of interface and certainty of execution from beginning to end.
Click on a program or product to learn more about our experience within these offerings:
Since 1989, Newmark and its predecessor firms have been designated under Fannie Mae’s Delegated Underwriting and Servicing (DUS™) program. We are consistently a top five ranking Fannie Mae Lender. We offer competitive fixed and adjustable rate structures under the various Fannie Mae DUS™ loan programs. The loans are available for refinance, purchase or construction take-out of quality, well-located multifamily properties.
- Conventional Multifamily, Multifamily Affordable Housing, Student Housing, Manufactured Housing, Senior Housing, Assisted Living, Independent Living
- Fixed Rate, Adjustable Rate Mortgage (Standard, Structured, and ARM 7-6), Early Rate Lock
- Acquisition, Refinance, Second Mortgages, Streamline Refinance, Single Asset Substitution
- Negotiated Transactions, Credit Facilities
- Tax-Exempt Bond Credit Enhancements, Low Income and Historic Tax Credits, Rehab Loans, Preservation Transactions (Section 8, Section 236)
- Forward Commitments for New Construction or Substantial Rehabilitation
- Interest Only or Fully Amortizing
Since 1995, Newmark and its predecessor firms have been approved Freddie Mac Multifamily Sellers/Servicers, now known as Freddie Mac Optigo® Lenders. We are consistently ranked among the top Freddie Mac Lenders. We offer competitive fixed and adjustable rate loans under the various Freddie Mac Optigo loan programs. The loans are available for refinance, purchase or construction take-out of quality, well-located multifamily properties.
- Conventional Multifamily Loans, Student Housing
- Fixed Rate, Variable Rate (ARM), Embedded Cap ARMs, Early Rate Lock, CME
- Acquisition, Refinance, Supplemental Mortgages
- Interest Only, Fully Amortizing
- Negotiated Transactions, including Credit Facilities and Non-Crossed Facilities
- Value Add Program
- Lease Up Program
- Index Lock Program
Newmark is an experienced lender with a dedicated FHA lending team. Under HUD’s Multifamily Accelerated Processing Program (MAP), we can provide consistent time frames for financing multifamily transactions under all of the basic FHA insurance programs. HUD’s LEAN Program provides the same benefits for healthcare transactions.
- Market Rate, Affordable Housing, Independent Living Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes, Board and Care Facilities
- Fixed Rate, Self Amortizing
- Acquisition, Refinance (35-year), Streamline Refinance
- Historic Tax Credits, Tax-Exempt Bond and Taxable Financings, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Section 236 IRP Decouplings, Project-Based Section 8, HOPE VI Transactions, Section 202 Refinancings
- Integrated Construction and Permanent Loans with no lease-up exposure (40-year)
Newmark’s affiliate company, CCRE, provides commercial mortgage loans which primarily follow the standards set by the CMBS securitization market. The fixed rate loan program focuses primarily on assets with stable cash flows, and typically exhibits conservative loan structures including amortization, reserves, moderate loan to value (LTV) ratios, strong debt yields (DY), and debt service coverage ratios (DSCR). The floating rate program is better suited for transitional assets or with short-term cash flow volatility. Structuring and leverage are tailored to the specific needs of transaction.
Please contact one of our experienced representatives for more information.
For more information on CCRE, please visit ccre.com.
Newmark is a recognized industry leader in conventional multifamily financing for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and FHA. We provide a full range of competitively priced mortgage products for the acquisition, refinance, construction take-out, or moderate rehabilitation of multifamily communities. Financing is provided to partnerships, corporations, trusts, joint ventures, TICs, and cooperatives.
- Acquisition Upgrade; Acquisition Rehabilitation
- Streamlined Acquisition
- Competitive risk-based pricing
- Versatile terms, yield maintenance and amortization schedules
Through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Newmark provides negotiated financing for multiple asset transactions. We have extensive expertise in this arena, having originated more than $10 billion in credit facilities for public, institutional and private clients.
Eligible loans include refinance, acquisition and moderate rehabilitation of large loans or a portfolio of loans for garden, mid-rise and high-rise apartments, cooperative properties, and student housing.
- A strategic approach to managing real estate debt capital at the portfolio level
- Preferred pricing
- Greater underwriting flexibility
- Maximum cash flow
- Pre-negotiated loan documents
- Streamlined approval process
Newmark is an experienced lender for all types of multifamily affordable properties. We finance properties that utilize a variety of affordable programs to profit and non-profit ownership to provide rental housing for low-to-moderate-income tenants.
- Tax-Exempt Bond Credit Enhancements (4% and 9%) and Taxable Financings
- Low Income Housing and Historic Tax Credits
- Section 236 IRP Decouplings
- Project-Based Section 8
- Hope VI Transactions
- Refinancing/recapitalization of Section 202 projects (FHA only)
Newmark can provide financing for all types of seniors housing and care facilities. We have provided over $1 billion of financing in this sector. We combine our experience and products to meet all of your senior housing and care needs.
- Multifamily, Seniors (age-restricted)
- Independent Living Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Continuing Care Retirement Facilities (CCRCs)
Financing can provide (as permitted by law):
- Property Acquisition / Expansion
- Additional Beds
- Increased Revenue
- Additional Services Offered to Residents
- Increased Cash Flow
Through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Newmark provides financing for student housing properties nationwide. Customized products provide permanent financing for the acquisition, refinance, and renovation of individual properties or portfolios of Student Housing Properties.
Eligible properties may either be specifically dedicated to student occupancy or conventional multifamily properties having a high (>20%) student occupancy. Properties may be leased either by the bed or by the unit.
Please contact one of our experienced representatives for more information.
• Conventional Multifamily
• Affordable housing
• Cooperative housing
• Manufactured housing
• Military housing
• New construction
• Seniors housing and healthcare
• Student housing
• Workforce housing
• Fixed-rate mortgages
• Adjustable-rate mortgages
• Standard or structured
• Credit facilities
• Partial and full-term interest-only structures
• Early rate lock
• Index lock
• Supplemental loans
• Streamline refinances
• Single-asset substitutions
• Tax-exempt / tax credit / rehab and preservations
• Integrated construction and permanent loans
• Structured financings
• Pre-stabilization loans