Maria E. Stocking, ASA, is a vice president at the Miami office of Newmark Valuation & Advisory. Stocking has over 18 years of commercial real estate valuation and advisory experience. Her depth of knowledge includes assignments in a variety of property types across the United States, ranging from national net leased portfolios to local owner-user assets.
Stocking also serves as a liaison between V&A and the Newmark Capital Markets team, procuring and participating in the development of new clients and listings.
Stocking began her appraisal career in 1992 with a boutique real estate firm, where she built a solid foundation for her career in commercial real estate. Stocking has since worked at large, international financial institutions as well as more localized firms, providing her with a unique scope of reference well suited for any client’s needs. Recently, Stocking was appointed as a special magistrate for the Broward County Valuation Adjustment Board.
- Active member, CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Network
- Designated member, American Society of Appraisers
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Florida, Georgia, New York, North Carolina and South Carolina
- Licensed real estate broker, state of Florida
- Special magistrate for the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 tax cycles of the Broward County Valuation Adjustment Board
- General candidate for designation, Appraisal Institute
Qualified before Courts and Administrative Bodies:
- Appointed as special magistrate for the 2012-2017 tax cycles of the Broward County Valuation Adjustment Board
Stocking is a graduate of Hunter College in New York City, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in film and music studies. She also attended the Newman Real Estate Institute at Baruch College for the Graduate Real Estate Certificate Program. In her free time, she runs half-marathons nationally and volunteers at rehab centers for young adults afflicted with substance abuse and addiction issues.