CA RE License #00941651
John Leyvas joined Newmark in 2010. He has successfully closed a number of sales transactions with value in excess of $3 billion.
In 1997, Mr. Leyvas and colleague Richard Knutson co-founded Premier Apartment Advisors, formerly partner of the Moison Investment Company, where Mr. Leyvas had worked since 1992. Before joining Moison Investment Company, Mr. Leyvas was an investment broker with Grubb & Ellis Company and a founding board member of the Northern California Apartment Council.
Mr. Leyvas also worked with FORCE Ltd., a syndication and development Company in Oakland, California. In this role, he was responsible for office and apartment sales, identifying target apartment markets and development of land sales and syndication, including the 1989 development of the AC Transit headquarters in Oakland with an estimated value of more than $10.0 million.
- Top 10 Performer, Newmark (NorCal), 2014
- Top 5 Performer, Newmark, Santa Clara, 2014
- Top Producer Club, Newmark, Santa Clara, 2013
- Number Three Producer, Newmark, Hayward, 2011
- Founder, Premier Apartment Advisors, 1997 - 2009
- Top Producer, Moison Investment Company, 1993, 1996 - 2002
- Member, board of directors, Rental Housing Owner Association, 1995 - 1999; president, 1992; vice president, 1993 and 1994
- Top 10 Producer (Investment), Grubb & Ellis Company, 1990
- Member, board of directors, Boys and Girls Club of San Leandro, 2001 - 2009
- Member, board of directors, Eden Hospital, 2007 - 2009
- Member, board of trustees, Eden Hospital Foundation, 2007 - 2009
Mr. Leyvas earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business finance from California State University, East Bay, with a concentration of study in finance and real estate.