As Senior Vice President of Property Management, Andrea McGowan is responsible for Newmark’s property management operations and staff in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC, where she partners with the company’s local leasing and investment sales professionals. Additionally, she furthers collaborative strategies and operational efficiency for prospective client and business development efforts to grow Newmark’s management portfolio.
Prior to joining Newmark, McGowan operated as Senior Vice President of Asset Services for Transwestern in McLean, Virginia. She managed a portfolio of 12 buildings totaling more than 2.1 million square feet throughout the Washington, DC, metro area on behalf of KBS. McGowan led the Mid-Atlantic region’s successful compliance initiatives and served on Transwestern’s KBS National Strategic Account Committee.
Throughout her career, McGowan has managed more than 5.5 million square feet of property in the Washington, DC, metro area and has been involved in the successful oversight, development and repositioning of over $500 million of property.
Professional Affiliation / Recognition
- CREW – Commercial Real Estate Women
- AOBA – Apartment & Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington
- TOWER and Founders Award, Akridge
- Volunteer, Wreaths Across America, Make-A-Wish, and World Swing Dance Youth Council
- Currently pursuing Real Property Administrator (RPA®) designation, Building Owners and Managers Institute International (BOMI)