Robert is a Senior Managing Director for Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark, and as such is responsible for managing rollouts and asset management assignments, as well as assisting in business development. Among other services provided to retailers, Retail Occupiers Services:
- manages retail portfolios ranging from several hundred to several thousand locations
- opens more than 1,000,000 square feet of new retail stores annually,
- administers thousands of leases, including full rent/ bill pay, and CAM audits,
- executes more than one thousand lease renewals annually,
- delivers store relocation and disposition services,
- coordinates more than $30mm in project management annually
- coordinates and implements integrated database, workflow management, lease administration, and GIS IT solutions
Robert is an entrepreneur and senior retail real estate professional with 16+ years of retail real estate field and national corporate management experience. As a consultant, Robert has been an integral team member on several retail rollout initiatives. Over his career Robert has gained broad knowledge and experience in new store transactions, dispositions, lease restructuring, lease renewals, ground leases and build-to-suit development.
Robert began his career working directly for retailers as a real estate manager and moved into a consultant/outsourced roll when he joined The Standard Group, a retail boutique firm which provided the critical functions of a retail real estate department to retailers on an outsourced basis. While at The Standard Group he was directly responsible for new store transactions, in a multi-state format, for T-Mobile, Bright Now Dental, Jamba Juice and others. Since joining The Standard Group, Robert has remained in the consultant/outsourced role through his employment with Jones Lang LaSalle, CBRE and Newmark, over such time he has delivered on new store and asset management programs for numerous retailers, which have included Harbor Freight Tools, HSBC Bank, Bridgestone Retail Operations, Union Bank, National Stores, Smile Brands and various other retailers.
Areas of Specialty
- Strategic Planning
- Process Management
- Transaction/Asset Management
- Ground Up Development