Gabriel A. Erwin, MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019 as a first vice president at its West Palm Beach, Florida, office. Gabriel brings to his position nearly 20 years of experience in the real estate markets of northeast Florida and South Carolina.
Prior to Newmark, Gabriel was owner and president of Erwin Appraisal Services, which he founded as a residential appraisal firm in St. Augustine in 2002. In 2017, Gabriel relaunched Erwin Appraisal Services as a commercial and residential appraisal firm.
Between 2012 and 2017, Gabriel was an appraiser at Capstone Valuation Advisors, where he completed appraisals on a wide range of commercial properties throughout Florida and the southeastern United States. Gabriel began his appraisal career in 1999 at Landrith Appraisal & Realty, where he spent three years as an appraiser apprentice.
Additionally, Gabriel remains a commercial real estate agent with Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Partners in St. Augustine. He began at that firm in 2011.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute, (MAI)
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, state of Florida
- Licensed real estate salesperson, state of Florida
- National Association of Realtors
- St. Augustine Board of Realtors
- Northeast Florida Board of Realtors
Gabriel earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Clemson University, where he majored in agriculture economics with a concentration in real estate and minored in business administration. More recently, he has completed numerous hours of both real estate appraisal and real estate sales continuing education classes, including USPAP and Core Law. Below is a sample of the courses completed:
- General Appraiser Income Approach (Part 1)
- General Appraiser Income Approach (Part 2)
- Business Practice and Ethics
- Hotel Seminar
- Florida Appraiser Core Law
- 7-Hour USPAP Update
- Marketability Studies
- 15-Hour National USPAP Course
- General Sales Comparison Approach
- General Market Analysis & Highest and Best Use
- General Report Writing & Case Studies
- That’s Logistics - The Valuation of Warehouses
- Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
- Quantitative Analysis
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Advanced Market Analysis & Highest and Best Use
- General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
- Comprehensive Exam
- General Demonstration Report - Capstone Program