David L. Cary Jr., MAI, serves as Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s Senior Managing Director and Market Leader for Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting since 1987, Cary currently focuses on major urban and suburban developments. He has successfully completed valuations on various proposed, partially completed, renovated and existing structures including, but not limited to, neighborhood and community shopping centers; apartment complexes; single- and multi-tenanted industrial buildings; low- to high-rise office buildings; mixed used facilities; and vacant land. Cary’s valuations have been used for condemnation purposes, estates, financing and due diligence support. His clients have included accountants, investment firms, law firms, lenders, private and public agencies.
Based in Boston, Cary is also a Northeast team leader for the Litigation Support & Consulting specialty practice specializing in appraisals for tax appeals, condemnations, litigation and open space/land preservation. Prior to joining Newmark, Cary was most recently the Senior Managing Director of the Integra Realty Resources Boston office prior to its acquisition by Newmark in 2018.
– President, Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2008
– Member, Real Estate Finance Association (REFA) of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB), 1999
– Young Advisory Council, 1997 – 1999
Licenses and Designations
– MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
– Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Massachusetts and states of Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont
– Additionally, Cary has qualified as an expert before U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the Massachusetts Superior Courts in Lawrence and Marlborough, the Massachusetts Land Court and the New Hampshire Board of Tax & Land Appeals
Cary earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in business economics from Brown University. More recently, he successfully completed numerous real estate-related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others. He is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members.