Chad Lavender serves as President of U.S. Capital Markets at Newmark. In this role, Lavender brings together all aspects of Newmark’s world-class capital markets. He works closely with brokers to identify and leverage cross-platform synergies, improve efficiency, assist Newmark’s revenue growth and recruit and retain the best talent in the industry. With more than a decade of commercial real estate experience, particularly in healthcare and seniors housing, Lavender has completed investment sales, recapitalizations, debt and joint venture equity transactions totaling more than $37 billion in value throughout the U.S.
Lavender joined Newmark in 2019, and previously served as Co-Head and Vice Chairman for the company’s Healthcare and Alternative Real Estate Assets platform. In this capacity, he was responsible for healthcare and seniors housing-related investment advisory and equity transactions throughout the United States. He also focused on medical office buildings, hospitals, life sciences and biotech practices as well as other alternative real estate asset classes.
Previously, Lavender held roles as Co-Head of HFF’s national healthcare group—where his seniors housing- and healthcare-focused team consistently ranked among the company’s top producers—and an investment advisor with Apartment Realty Advisors’ seniors housing group prior to the firm’s acquisition by Newmark. Lavender advises within the Company’s Healthcare & Alternative Real Estate Assets group and recently launched Single Family Rental (SFR) group alongside Vice Chairman Ryan Maconachy.
Partial List of Recent Sale Transactions
- Aegis Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Aston Gardens Portfolio, sale
- Brookdale Battery Park, sale
- Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza, MOB sale and financing
- Merrill Gardens Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Sentio Healthcare Properties, public non-traded REIT taken private
- Somerby Senior Living Portfolio and Operating Platform, sale and financing
- Executive board member, American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA)
- Seniors Housing Council, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
- Board of Visitors, University of Alabama
Lavender graduated from the University of Alabama, where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and real estate.