Chad Lavender joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as co-head and vice chairman for the company’s Healthcare and Alternative Real Estate Assets platform. In this capacity, he is responsible for healthcare and seniors housing-related investment advisory and equity transactions throughout the United States. He also focuses on medical office buildings, hospitals, life sciences and biotech practices as well as other alternative real estate asset classes. With more than 11 years of commercial real estate experience, particularly in healthcare and seniors housing, Mr. Lavender has completed more than $15 billion in transactions throughout the United States.
Mr. Lavender joined Newmark after serving as co-head of HFF’s National Healthcare Group for three years, preceded by four years as a senior managing director. While there, he focused primarily on seniors housing, and his team consistently ranked among the company’s top producers for five years. Prior to HFF, Mr. Lavender was an investment broker with the seniors housing group of ARA before the company was acquired by Newmark parent company BGC Partners, Inc.
Partial List of Recent Sale Transactions
- Aegis Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Aston Gardens Portfolio, sale
- Brookdale Battery Park, sale
- Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza, MOB sale and financing
- Merrill Gardens Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Sentio Healthcare Properties, public non-traded REIT taken private
- Somerby Senior Living Portfolio and Operating Platform, sale and financing
- Executive board member, American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA)
- Seniors Housing Council, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
- Board of Visitors, University of Alabama
Mr. Lavender graduated from the University of Alabama, where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and real estate.