Ryan Maconachy joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as co-head and vice chairman of the company’s Healthcare and Alternative Real Estate Assets platform. In this role, Mr. Maconachy is responsible for healthcare and seniors housing-related investment advisory and equity transactions throughout the United States. He also focuses on medical office buildings, hospitals, life sciences and biotech practices as well as other alternative real estate asset classes. With more than 11 years of commercial real estate experience, particularly in healthcare and seniors housing, Mr. Maconachy has completed transactions valued in excess of $15 billion throughout the United States.
Mr. Maconachy joined Newmark after serving as co-head of HFF’s National Healthcare Group for three years and senior managing director for four years with where he focused primarily on seniors housing. While there, Mr. Maconachy’s team consistency ranked among the top producers in the company for five years. Prior to HFF, Mr. Maconachy was an investment broker with the seniors housing group of ARA before the company was acquired by Newmark parent company BGC Partners, Inc.
Partial List of Recent Sale Transactions
- Aegis Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Aston Gardens Portfolio, sale
- Brookdale Battery Park, sale
- Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza, MOB sale and financing
- Merrill Gardens Portfolio, recapitalization and financing
- Sentio Healthcare Properties, public non-traded REIT taken private
- Somerby Senior Living Portfolio and Operating Platform, sale and financing
- Executive board member, American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA)
- Seniors Housing Council, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC)
Mr. Maconachy earned a Master of Business Administration degree and a bachelor’s degree from Loyola Marymount University’s Hilton School of Business.