Matthew McFadden joined Newmark Zimmer in 2008 and has 21 years of corporate management and global real estate experience working for several Fortune 500 companies. His practice includes transactional management, strategic planning, portfolio management & restructuring and tenant representation. As an Executive Managing Director and Principal, head of the Global Corporate Services practice and member of Newmark Zimmer’s executive board, Mr. McFadden works to meet his clients’ unique commercial real estate needs while allowing them to focus on their core business.
Mr. McFadden has a particular talent for understanding clients’ diverse real estate portfolios at a macro level and then identifying implementable opportunities coupled with clear strategies for execution.
Prior to joining Newmark Zimmer, Mr. McFadden managed a 20 million square-foot global real estate portfolio for Honeywell International Inc. he began his career with Sprint, managing a national retail and office portfolio.
Recent Client Initiatives:
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 100 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across North and South America
- Transaction management for an international Fortune 150 client with office, manufacturing, distribution and warehouse needs across South America
- Transaction management for a Fortune 200 communications and technology client with assets across North America
- Site selection and transaction management for a high-growth international creative media arts client in New York City, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- National portfolio restructuring for several retail clients, resulting in annual real estate cost-savings of more than $15 million
- Heavy Hitters in Commercial Real Estate, Kansas City Business Journal
- 40 Under Forty, Ingram’s Magazine
- Value Award, Site Vision Award, Six Sigma Plus
- Top Performers Award, Honeywell International
- Immediate Past Chair, Board Member, Metropolitan Community College Foundation
- Member, Kansas City, Missouri Business Leadership Council
- Real Estate Committee, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Member, The Global Association for Corporate Real Estate (CoreNet Global)
- Civic Council of Kansas City, Kansas City Tomorrow, Class of 2011 – 2012
- Licensed real estate salesperson states of Missouri and Kansas
Mr. McFadden holds a Juris Doctor degree from Washburn University School of Law and a Master of Business Administration degree from the W.P. Cary School of Business at Arizona State University. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from James Madison University.
Mr. McFadden lives in the Brookside community of Kansas City, Missouri with his wife Elizabeth and their three very active boys, ages 18, 15 and 12.