- Pricing for life science and R&D assets remains at a record high, hitting $564 per square foot in 1H22.
- Life science venture capital funding declined by 18.5% year-over-year to $20.8 billion in the first half of 2022.
- Mirroring the slowdown in venture capital funding, life science investment activity declined 33.6% to close 1H22 at $7.7 billion.
- The top ten owners of life science wet laboratory / R&D space total 116.7 million square feet, 70% of which is owned by public or private REITs.
- Boston, San Francisco, San Diego and Raleigh/Durham remain the top life science clusters in the United States and collectively comprise more than 93 million square feet of laboratory and GMP space and have a future construction and renovation pipeline of 33.2 million square feet.