- Life science investment volume is on a record pace in 2021, reaching $9.0 billion in 1H21, while average pricing remains elevated.
- Biotechnology and healthcare venture capital funding is on pace for a record high annual volume in 2021, with 1H21 funding reaching $26.7 billion.
- Total fundraising activity for life science-focused funds has exceeded $24 billion since 2020, led by established institutional investors and REITs.
- Over 27 million square feet of wet laboratory space is currently under construction or under renovation across the 14 largest life science markets.
- Life science investment and leasing activity has expanded in many non-traditional life science markets such as Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Pittsburgh and Salt Lake City.