CA RE License #00834704
Newmark Executive Vice Chairman Phil Mahoney is one of the most successful commercial real estate brokers in the nation. Phil brings to his clients a unique understanding, perspective and awareness of the successful technology markets serving the Silicon Valley, and he has done so for 41 years.
In 1992, Mr. Mahoney was appointed senior vice president and manager of the firm’s Santa Clara office. He left his managerial post in the fall of 1995 to become a partner and director.
Mr. Mahoney has been among Newmark’s top five producers since 1982. He has negotiated over 1,200 transactions totaling more than 110 million square feet of space valued at over $45 billion. Mr. Mahoney was named a national “Top 100 Corporate Real Estate Executive” for 2018.
Clients have relied heavily upon Mr. Mahoney’s expertise and comprehensive understanding not only of the marketplace, but also of the real estate process as a whole. In addition to his successes in the leasing market, Mr. Mahoney has sold numerous buildings, and has been involved in some of the most significant purchases of commercial/industrial property in the history of Silicon Valley. Mr. Mahoney was instrumental in concluding the largest office deal ever in the U.S., a 2 million-square-foot office lease.
Tenacious and dedicated, Mr. Mahoney counts among his clients Fortune 500 firms seeking to expand, as well as start-up companies looking for their first facility.
Partial Client List
- Tishman Speyer
- Jay Paul Co.
- Sobrato Co.
- Number One Broker for all of Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley Business Journal, 1999 to 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007 and from 2010 to 2016
- Silicon Valley Dealmaker of the Year, San Jose Mercury News, 2012, 2014
- Top producer in Silicon Valley by square footage, 1995 to 2000, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2016 (with more than 1.6 million, 1.8 million, 1.8 million, 1.6 million, 2.4 million, 6.0 million, 3.8 million, 4.5 million, 3.6 million and 4.8 million square feet, respectively)
- Top Producer for Newmark, nationally, 2016
- Valley’s largest transaction 2021 and 2022
- Top Three Producer Nationwide, 2011, 2015 and 2016
- Top Producer Nationwide, 2000 (more than 6.0 million square feet of transactions totaling $2.8 billion)
- Youngest broker inducted into the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers (ASVB) Hall of Fame, 1994
- 20-time ASVB Broker of the Year; nominee for 25 straight years
- Director, NAIOP Silicon Valley
- Director, Reading Partners of Silicon Valley
- Coach of youth athletic teams
Mr. Mahoney earned his degree in economics at Stanford University. His education and experience in the intensely competitive world of intercollegiate athletics helped prepare him for his career in commercial brokerage.