Peter Harwood co-leads Newmark’s capital markets office team in the company’s Chicago office. Peter and his partners Jim Postweiler and Derek Fohl focus on dispositions and recapitalizations of office properties in the Chicago area and throughout the Midwest.
Peter develops and executes sales strategies to provide the best outcome for his clients, in addition to supervising all aspects of the group’s pre-marketing due diligence, underwriting and offering materials production processes. Since the start of his career, Peter has represented domestic and foreign institutional owners, REITs, private investors and developers in the disposition or recapitalization of office, industrial, retail and hotel assets.
Peter joined Newmark in 2019, after 22 years with JLL. Peter held a variety of positions with JLL’s capital markets group in New York City, London and Chicago. Most recently, he was managing director of the firm’s office capital markets group in Chicago, specializing in dispositions and recapitalizations of office assets throughout the Midwest.
Peter has spent the majority of his career focused on office and industrial capital markets. To date, he has closed more than $12 billion worth of capital markets transactions.
- Parkwood Crossing, Indianapolis: $163 million
- Presidents Plaza, Chicago: $147 million
- Precedent Office Park, Indianapolis: $133 million
- Southlake Office Portfolio, Kansas City (Lenexa): $88 million
- Tallgrass Corporate Center, Chicago: $67 million
- Three Overlook Point, Chicago: $60 million
- The Easton Portfolio, Columbus: $60 million
- Park Center Plaza I-III, Cleveland: $50 million
- Parkview Plaza, Chicago: $48 million
- One Lincoln Centre, Oakbrook Terrace, IL: $44 million
- Easton Oval One & Two, Columbus: $42 million
- Earhart Corporate Center, Ann Arbor: $36 million
- Park Central Plaza I & II, Kansas City: $32 million
|Bailard Real Estate||Hines
|Balfour Pacific||M&J Wilkow|
|BentallGreenOak||Northwestern Mutual Life|
|Glenstar||Strategic Capital Partners
|Hamilton Partners||Zeller Realty
- Office Investment Broker of the Year, Greater Chicago Food Depository
- CoStar Power Broker
Peter earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Cornell University.