CA RE License #00806069
Martin Chiechi is a senior managing director in the San Jose office of Newmark, where he specializes in negotiating the leasing and sale of commercial properties. Mr. Chiechi has constructed and now owns and manages several R&D, industrial and retail properties.
Prior to joining the company, Mr. Chiechi worked for 13 years with Cunningham Associates and for 19 years with Grubb & Ellis Company. He also worked as a commercial lending officer for Wells Fargo Bank and became an instructor in the real estate and business division of West Valley College in 1983.
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Cheim Family to Fairfield Residential: 4.64 acre residential land
- 17 Industrial properties combined to 4.23 acre high-density residential site to Lennar Homes
- Olson leased to Irvine Company: 16.97 acre residential land
- Del Monte Foods and Union Pacific Railroad sold to Avalon Bay Apartments and Castle Development: 15.75 acre high-density residential land
- Legacy Partners sold to Pulte Homes: 3.47 acre high-density residential land
- Spieker Partners leased to COG and Kelly: 121,000 SF build-to-suit
- SYMYX Technologies leased from Dollinger Properties: 60,000 SF R&D space
- Harmony Investment acquired from Tree Family LLC: 40,000 SF Office building
- Englebert sold to Detro: 34,000 SF R&D building
- SYMYX Technologies leased from South Bay Development: 32,000 SF R&D build-to-suit
- Top Performer, Newmark (NorCal), 2014
- Top Five Producer, Grubb & Ellis, 1997 - 2009, 2011
- Circle of Excellence, Grubb & Ellis, 1997 - 2000, 2005, 2007
- Largest Transaction Value Companywide, Grubb & Ellis,1998
- Broker of the Year, Cunningham Associates, 1985
Mr. Chiechi received a master’s degree in business from Santa Clara University and completed his undergraduate studies at the University of the Pacific, Stockton.