CA RE License #00889721
Mark Geisreiter has been responsible for the leasing and acquisition of more than 50 million square feet of buildings in Northern California. He has completed many of the Bay Area’s signature transactions, including the largest lease transaction in San Francisco history, signing Dropbox for 736,000 square feet at The Exchange and the second largest land sale in San Francisco history representing Recology in the sale of 6.3 acres to Amazon for $202M. Mark also played a key role in the largest merger in REIT history when Equity Office Properties acquired Spieker Properties. A frequently quoted industry expert, Mark has been a broker and developer and has held senior leadership roles for some of the most prestigious companies in the real estate industry.
Mark began his commercial real estate career in 1985 with CBRE in San Francisco. He spent 12 years with the firm, consistently ranking among its top producers both locally and nationally. Mark joined Equity Office Properties in 1997 where he was responsible for the leasing, financial and operating performance of a 22 million-square-foot office portfolio comprising 217 buildings with a combined value in excess of $10 billion. Upon the sale of EOP, Mark became a partner with Panattoni Development Company and led its expansion efforts in the Bay Area. Mark joined San Francisco’s most prominent boutique brokerage firm, The CAC Group in 2009 and was reunited with CBRE upon CBRE’s acquisition of The CAC Group in 2014. Recruited to Newmark in 2019, Mark now leads Newmark’s Bay Area Private Capital Group which has the top market share in the sale of office and industrial assets for private owners in the Bay Area.
Areas of Specialty
- Leader – Newmark Capital Markets / Private Capital Group
- Investment Sales – Office, Industrial and Development Sites
- Office Leasing
- Industrial Leasing
- Largest lease in San Francisco history, 2017 (Dropbox, 736,000 SF)
- Second largest land sale in San Francisco history, 2019 (6.3 acres, Recology to Amazon, $202M)
- Broker of the Year, San Francisco Business Times, 2016
- Top 250 Professionals, CBRE, multiple years
- Deal of the Year, San Francisco Business Times, multiple years
- Best of the Bay winner, NAIOP, multiple years
- CoStar Power Broker – multiple years
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Olympic Club
Mr. Geisreiter is a graduate of the University of California, Berkeley. He lives in San Francisco and enjoys spending time with his three children and is an avid basketball player, golfer and road biker.