Joshua Brown is a Managing Director in Newmark’s Houston office and a member of the tenant representation team. Brown brings 15 years of experience to his position, specializing in lease negotiations, strategic planning and the development of real estate solutions that align with his clients’ needs in the corporate and industrial sectors. Throughout his career, Brown has completed transactions totaling more than 20 million square feet and valued at nearly $1.5 billion.
Brown is a staunch advocate of tenants’ rights whose expertise includes site selection, property dispositions and acquisitions, lease negotiations and strategic consulting. His experience gives him an in-depth understanding of the complex nature of real estate and the mitigation of the associated risks. He has worked with a vast array of clients, ranging from law firms, oil and gas, technology and engineering groups.
Brown began his real estate career at Jackson Cooksey in 2006. He worked there until 2018, when the acclaimed tenant representation firm was acquired by Newmark.
Partial Client List
- 9th Wonder
- Argus Media Group
- Audubon Engineering
- Cox Media Group
- Foxconn Corporation
- Group 1 Automotive
- Hartline Barger LLP
- HighRadius Corporation
- Innovapptive, Inc.
- JERA Americas
- Martin Disiere LLP
- Musket Corporation
- Osaka Gas Americas
- Pattern Energy
- Sceptre Hospitality
- Spruce Finance
- W.R Berkley Company
- Wright Close Barger, LLP
- REDnews Emerging Leader of The Year Finalist, 2022
- No. 2 Office Tenant Representative, Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2022
- No. 9 Office Tenant Representative, Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2021
- No. 19 Office Tenant Representative, Heavy Hitter, Houston Business Journal, 2020
- 2016 Houston Business Journal Landmark Award Finalist
- 2015 Houston Business Journal Deal of the Year Finalist
- Board of Directors, RaiseUp Families
- Board of Directors, Beta Upsilon Chi
- President’s Council, Hope Media Group
- Past 1st and 2nd Vice President, Memorial Forest Civic Club
Brown earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Texas at Austin.