James Catterall, Managing Director in Newmark’s Hong Kong office, is an office leasing specialist with 17 years of experience representing some of the world’s leading companies in tenant and landlord negotiations across the Hong Kong and Asia-Pacific markets. He also has experience advising on education, healthcare and data center requirements.
Catterall came to Newmark in 2022 after nine years as a Director at CBRE Hong Kong and, previously, a Manager at Jones Lang LaSalle Hong Kong.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative:
- Morgan Stanley (500,000 SF renewal—largest in Hong Kong in 2016)
- Manulife (380,000 SF renewal; 300,000 SF renewal; 144,000 SF new lease, largest in Hong Kong in 2021; 11,000 SF new lease)
- VF (180,000 SF new lease, largest in Hong Kong in 2018; 80,000 SF renewal and expansion)
- Other transactions include: Avnet Technology (70,000 SF), W E Connor (55,000 SF renewal), Nike (50,000 SF), Target (45,000 SF), Avery Dennison (45,000 SF renewal and expansion), Infinitus School (40,000 SF), The Work Project (40,000 SF), Pure Fitness flagship (35,000 SF), Dolce and Gabbana (30,000 SF), Warner Music (22,000 SF), Sainsburys (22,000 SF), GILMAR SPA (20,000 SF), ST Microelectronic (18,000 SF renewal), CSOP Asset Management (10,000 SF renewal and expansion), Chicos (8,000 SF)
As a landlord representative:
- PeakCastle, Hanison and PAG (250,000 SF); 133 Wai Yip Street, Silk Road and Gaw (200,000 SF)
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- Silk Road, 133 Wai Yip Street (260,000 SF); PAG, Success Centre (250,000 SF); Private Client, 9 Des Voeux Road West (10,000 SF)
- JP Morgan, Grand Central Plaza (40,000 SF)
Licensed Real Estate Agent in Hong Kong (EAA)
Hurworth Gentleman’s Cricket Club
Catterall graduated from Northumbria University with a Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Management.