Gregg Wassmansdorf is a Market Leader for Newmark’s Global Corporate Services (GCS) division in Canada, where he shares responsibility for platform development, sales, engagement management, and client service delivery for the company’s consulting practice.
As a commercial real estate (CRE) outsourcing advisor, Gregg helps mid-sized and large organizations evaluate the best means to access and implement service solutions for their global facilities. He facilitates engagements for strategic consulting, CRE & facilities management (FM) technology and data management, account and transaction management, workplace strategies & implementation, facilities services, and project management.
In his management consulting capacity, Gregg works with his corporate clients to address challenges in global portfolio strategy, location strategy and site selection, supply chain planning, economic incentives, workplace strategy, property transaction execution, ESG initiatives, and capital project implementation. His experience spans many asset types including head offices, shared services and call centers, data centers, manufacturing plants, and distribution facilities.
Gregg is a trusted advisor to corporate clients in many industry sectors, both public and private, and he takes pride in his ability to help clients conceive and implement logical and defensible real estate solutions, scenario plan, reduce decision-risk, and successfully execute their strategies.
Gregg’s advisory work also supports senior and lower levels of government with economic development strategy, investment attraction initiatives, and regional and community competitiveness assessments. He is regularly hired by investment promotion and economic development agencies for his expert opinions.
Gregg is both a Canadian and U.S. citizen.
Areas of Specialty
- Corporate Real Estate Outsourcing
- Real Estate Portfolio Strategy & Footprint Optimization
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Global Corporate Location Strategy
- and Site Selection for New Sites, Expansions and Relocations
- FDI & Relocation Feasibility
- Economic Incentives
- Economic Development Strategy
- Environmental Sustainability
- Executive Board Member of the Site Selectors Guild, an association of the world’s top business location strategists.
- Cross-border investment expert and columnist for FDI Intelligence (Financial Times)
- Speaker at events such as CoreNet Global, IAMC, IEDC, Forum of the Americas
- LEED-trained professional in sustainability (U.S. Green Building Council)
Gregg earned a Ph.D (all but dissertation) and Master of Arts in Urban Geography and Urban Planning from the University of Southern California (USC), and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Geography from Queen’s University.