Charles (CJ) Osbrink is an Executive Managing Director at Newmark, based in the firm’s Phoenix office. As a member of Newmark’s rapidly expanding West Coast Capital Markets team, led by Kevin Shannon, Osbrink has more than 17 years of experience in office, industrial, and retail investment sales throughout Arizona, Southern California, Nevada, and Hawaii.
Osbrink joined Newmark in 2017 after working for more than six years at HFF, where he served as Managing Director In the firm’s Phoenix and Orange County offices. During his tenure at HFF, Osbrink closed transactions totaling more than $2 billion.
Prior to HFF, Osbrink served as Director of Acquisitions for three years at Strategic Retail Trust, a private firm based in Irvine, California. In this role, he executed transactions valued in excess of $500 million across various product types, including retail, office, industrial, multi-family, residential and land in eight different states.
Osbrink began his corporate real estate career at the corporate headquarters office of Grubb & Ellis Realty Investors, where he served as a Senior Associate of acquisitions for nearly two years. In this position, he identified opportunities and managed the full acquisition process for a variety of ownership structures, including public non-traded REITs, 1031 exchanges; single high-net-worth investors, and arm’s-length transactions between intercompany funds across 10 different states.
Partial Client List
- American Realty Advisors
- Arizona Partners
- Dunhill Partners
- Goldman Sachs
- HighBrook Investors
- IDS Real Estate
- Lincoln Property Co.
- Long Wharf Real Estate Partners
- Muller Company
- Ryan Companies
- SKB Companies
- Sovereign Capital Management
- Trigate Capital
- ViaWest Group
- Wells Fargo
- AZ Big 100: 25 male leaders to watch in CRE for 2023
- Connect Media Top Broker award, 2020
- AZRE Magazine’s People & Projects to Know award, 2019
- Connect Media Next Generation award, 2017
- San Diego Business Journal Top Real Estate Deal award
- 2015 and Real Estate Southern California’s 30 Under 30 award, 2009
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- NAIOP, Board of Directors, Arizona Chapter
- Marvin Fortman Award for Leadership, 2006
- Osbrink is involved in industry organizations including NAIOP, where he facilitates the planning of networking and educational events, serves on the Board of Directors, is an alumnus of the NAIOP Young Professionals Group (YPG) and served on the YPG Leadership Committee.
- Since 2018, Osbrink and his team have hosted annual back-to-school and holiday events for the families at the Vista Colina Emergency Shelter, a branch of Central Arizona Shelter Services.
- Osbrink speaks on business school panels at the University of Arizona, hosts the Eller College Commercial Real Estate Club for Lunch & Learn events, and participates in mentoring.
Osbrink earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business management and policy from the University of Arizona’s Eller College of Management. While attending the university, he served as Executive Vice President of the Eller College Student Council. In 2006, he received the Marvin Fortman Award for Leadership, given each year to an outstanding leader in the Eller College Student Council.