Brent Mayo serves as Executive Managing Director of Data Center and Digital Infrastructure Capital Markets at Newmark. Mayo specializes in capital formation, financings, asset sales and platform advisory. Mayo has advised and executed on over $30B of transactions globally in the data center and digital infrastructure sectors.
Based in the New York City headquarters, Mayo joined Newmark from DH Capital, a division of Citizens, an investment bank solely focused on data centers and digital infrastructure. Prior to that, Mayo worked at a private equity backed, North American data center platform, where he was involved in in capital raising, M&A and corporate strategy.
Mayo has been involved in some of the most significant data center and digital infrastructure deals in the last decade. Recent transactions include:
- Represented CyrusOne in its $16B sale to KKR and GIP (largest data center transaction executed globally)
- Represented ODATA in its sale to Aligned Data Centers
- Represented Digital Bridge in the formation of AtlasEdge and subsequent acquisition of DataCenter One
- Represented CyrusOne in the sale of its Houston, TX DC Assets to DataBank
- Represented Data Foundry in its sale to Switch
- Represented DataSite in its sale to American Tower
- Represented UOL Diveo in the sale of its data center portfolio to Digital Colony
- Represented ROOT Data Centers in its sale to Compass Datacenters
- Represented TC Latin America Partners in the sale of Zetta Data Centers to Kio Networks
- Represented Ascenty in its sale to Digital Realty Trust (NYSE: DLR)
- Represented Peak 10 in its acquisition of ViaWest
- Mayo holds the following licenses: SIE, Series 79, Series 63
- Mayo graduated cum laude from Providence College with a BS in Accountancy.