William L. (Bill) Hill serves as Vice Chairman of Newmark’s Federal Investor Services Group, based in the company’s Washington, D.C. office. In this role, he leads the practice group, partnering with Newmark colleagues across the country to negotiate on behalf of owners and investors to attract and retain the General Services Administration and other federal agencies. Additionally, Bill collaborates with Capital Markets professionals to advise on the selling or purchasing of properties with the federal government as the primary or sole occupant.
A commercial real estate veteran with 19 years of expertise, Bill has long been recognized as a leader in this space and has advised clients in the federal real estate arena leading to more than 14 million square feet of leased space across the country. He has charted the multifaceted and political landscape associated with federal real estate, offering strategic solutions for clients.
Bill joins Newmark from CBRE, where he served as Senior Vice President and co-led its Federal Lessor Advisory Group. In the role, he excelled in negotiations for landlords and owners in lease procurements and build-to-suit development efforts nationwide. He also served on CBRE’s Americas Producer Advisory Board Member and helped to shape the business and culture of the organization in this capacity. Bill began his career as a broker in Washington D.C. with Spaulding and Slye, which JLL later acquired. While there and in his previous role, he was honored with several Top Producer recognitions.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, Bill has been recognized for his mentorship and philanthropic endeavors. Bill is a former Vice Chairman and Board Member at Washington Jesuit Academy and, in 2004, founded the William Douglas Hill Scholarship Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit organization that provided scholarships to student-athletes.
- CBRE Americas Top Producer
- CBRE Management Excellence Award (2019)
- Past Washington Business Journal Minority Business Leader Award (2016)
- CBRE AANG Producer of the Year (Several Years)
- Past Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association (CREBA) #2 Washington DC GSA Leasing Agent (2014)
- 2-Time Bisnow’s Top 35 Under 35 Recipient
- Recognized as a Top Producer at JLL and CBRE
- Licensed Real Estate Professional in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia
- Real Estate Executive Council (REEC) Member
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association of Greater Washington (CREBA)
- National Federal Developers Association (NFDA)
- African American Real Estate Professionals (AAREP)
- Federal Real Property Association (FRPA)
- Past CBRE Americas Producers Advisory Board Member (2015-2020)
Representative Federal Leasing Transactions
- 180,000 SF FBI Lease (AVWL / MEPT)
- 88,000 SF DHS-OIG Lease (MEPT / Bentall Kennedy)
- 406,989 SF FEMA Lease (Principal)
- 209,244 SF FAA Lease (EJM Equities)
- 113,607 SF FEMA Lease (DRA Advisors)
- 60,389 SF & 83,608 SF DOD and National Gallery of Art Leases (Morgan Stanley)
- 130,876 SF FBI Lease (Wallyson’s)
- 94,000 SF DOJ Lease (Equity Blackstone)
- 41,125 SF DOJ Lease (PRP Real Estate Investment)
- 531,976 SF IRS Lease (Government Properties Income Trust)
- 196,716 SF USACE Lease (Prudential)
- 1,000 Acres (and 1M+ SF) Ground Lessee (Tenant) Representative (Google)
- 175,000 FBI Lease (LaSalle Investment Management)
- 597,253 SF NASA Lease (Piedmont Office Realty Trust)
- 58,676 SF 43,142 SF SEC Leases + 72,258 SF DOJ USAO (Nuveen / TIAA-CREF)
- 36,632 SF US Courts Lease (Pacific Oak SOR II Oakland City Center)
- Duke University Iron Dukes
- Past Vice-Chair and Washington Jesuit Academy Board Member
- Past Member of Duke University’s Judicial Board
Bill graduated from Duke University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering for Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science and was an Academic All-American. He also received Duke University’s Certificate in Marketing and Management.