Billy Mendelson joined Newmark in 1986 and currently serves as a Managing Director in the firm’s New York headquarters. Mendelson is focused on client development for Newmark’s prestigious and growing client portfolio. Since beginning his career at Sutton & Edwards in 1983, Mendelson has been responsible for leasing space with an aggregate rental value of more than $1 billion.
Mendelson has completed multiple transactions for prestigious firms, including ACI Capital; AEA Investors; Arronson Mayefsky Sloan LLP; Curtis, Mallet-Prevost Colt & Mosle; Herrick Feinstein; Holland & Knight; Maharam; Mintz Levin; Mueser Rutledge; and Red Light Management In addition, Mendelson has worked with such prominent corporations as Cranemere; Deskey Associates; Garden State Tanning (a division of Hanson Industries); Leisure Concepts; Poten & Partners; Prime Charter Financial; Ranieri & Co.; Ruane Cunniff; Star Group and Third Avenue Fund.
Mendelson has acted as exclusive leasing agent for the following:
- 80-02 Kew Gardens Road, Crossroads Towers, 500,000 RSF
- 1359 Broadway, 482,000 RSF
- 1350 Broadway, 404,000 RSF
- 619 West 54th Street (formerly the Movie Building), 325,000 RSF
- 1212 Avenue of the Americas, 265,000 RSF
- 235 East 45th (The Hearst Corporation) 208,000 RSF
- 410 Park Avenue, 200,000 RSF
- 218 West 40th Street, 200,000 RSF
- 462 Seventh Avenue, 185,000 RSF
- 590 Fifth Avenue, 100,000 RSF
- 2 Park Avenue, renewal/expansion to a total of 200,000 RSF, disposition of 25,000 RSF
- 666 Fifth Avenue, acquisition of 38,000 SF
- Park Avenue Plaza at 55 East 52nd Street, acquisition of 33,000 SF
- Park Avenue Tower at 65 East 55th Street, lease renewal for 30,000 SF
Curtis Mallet Provost Colt & Mosle
- 101 Park Avenue, lease renewal (1994 and 2016) of 93,000 SF
Mintz Levin LLP
- 666 Third Avenue, renewal of 60,000 RSF
Aronson Mayefsky Sloan LLP
- 12 East 49th Street, acquisition of 16,000 RSF
- 485 Lexington Avenue, acquisition/disposition 13,000 RSF
- 750 Lexington Avenue, acquisition of 11,000 RSF
Cornick Garber and Sandler
- 555 Madison Avenue, acquisition of 16,000 SF
- 825 Third Avenue, lease renewal of 19,000 RSF
- 195 Water Street, disposition of 30,000 RSF
Maharam Corp. (Herman Miller)
- 251 Park Avenue South, acquisition and renewal for 21,000 RSF
Medallion Funding Corp.
- 437 Madison Avenue, acquisition and two lease renewals for 18,000 RSF
- Tower 49 at 12 East 49th Street, acquisition of 16,000 RSF and relocation to tower floor
- General Motors Building at 767 Fifth Avenue, acquisition of 15,000 SF
Harwood Feffer LLP
- 488 Madison Avenue, two renewals for 13,000 RSF
Mendelson served as Treasurer and Governor of the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association and is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY).
Mendelson is a graduate of Syracuse University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology.