Wayne Harer, CCIM, SIOR, is an Executive Managing Director at Newmark, where he specializes in the leasing and sale of office properties in Columbus, Ohio. Over a corporate real estate career spanning 37 years, Mr. Harer has been a tenant representative or listing agent for over 250 million square feet of office space. He has also completed over 2,000 lease and sale transactions during that time.
Mr. Harer is currently the exclusive leasing representative for the Arena District and Grandview Yard. He also represents large office users. Previously, he was the leasing agent for the Easton mixed-use project in Columbus, responsible for all office leasing for Georgetown Co. and selling large tracts of land to Duke Realty and Huntington National Bank. Over the last 10 years, Mr. Harer has sold or leased properties totaling over $500 million.
Recently, Mr. Harer represented such companies as Hahn Loeser and Parks, NiSource/Columbia; Chase Mortgage; AMP-Ohio; Aver Informatics; Barnes & Thornburg; Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff; Worthington Industries; Crabbe Brown James; Jobs Ohio; Morgan Stanley; Ulmer & Berne; U.S. Bank; and Wells Fargo. He successfully engineered the purchase, lease-up and sale (or refinance) of several office buildings including 150 East Gay Street (Continental Center), 255 East Main Street, 180 East Broad Street and 140 East Town Street, 1600 Dublin Road. Mr. Harer also leased the Arena District and Grandview Yard (2 million square feet) to 100% occupancy.
Mr. Harer joined Newmark after 11 years as vice president of office properties at CB Commercial (now CBRE), where he consistently won top production awards. Prior to starting his commercial real estate career, Mr. Harer played professional baseball with the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees organization, including five years with Triple-A affiliates the Pawtucket Red Sox and Columbus Clippers.
- 25-time winner, Top Producer Award, Columbus Board of Realtors
- Top Producer, Newmark, 2016 – 2019
- Top Producer, Continental Realty, 1995 – 2015
- Max W. Holzer Lifetime Achievement Award, CCIIR, 2017
- Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame, Midwest Real Estate News Magazine, 2017
- Broker of the Year, Central Ohio Chapter of NAIOP, 2013
- Largest Transaction, Columbus Board of Realtors 2001 – 2004
- Number One Producer in Columbus, CB Commercial, 1994
- Top Five Producer, CB Commercial, 1987, 1991 – 1994
- Most Transactions Completed, CB Commercial, 1986
- Distinguished Achievement Award, CB Commercial, 1985
- Member, Columbus Commercial, Industrial, and Investment Realtors® (CCIIR)
- Member, International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- Member, NAIOP; former office panel member, Office Space Demand Forecast
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation, CCIM Institute
- SIOR designation, Society of Industrial and Office Brokers (SIOR)
- Chair, Board of Directors, Columbus Clippers (Cleveland Indians AAA Franchise)
Mr. Harer graduated from Miami University of Ohio with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. He also attended the University of New Orleans on a baseball scholarship.