CA RE License #01894442
Tom Limon joined the Hayward (now Oakland) office of Newmark in 2013. Specializing in the acquisition and disposition of investment properties, Tom mainly focuses on investment sales, including multifamily housing, mixed-use properties and land in the East Bay Area. He has assisted owners and investors in several retail and multifamily housing investments ranging in size from four to 55 units throughout Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, San Leandro, Castro Valley, Hayward and Fremont. Additionally, Tom was heavily involved in the property management of his family’s multifamily assets in Oakland.
Prior to joining Newmark, Tom worked for 10 years on the real estate development team for the Unity Council, a nonprofit organization based in Oakland’s Fruitvale neighborhood, where he worked on several award-winning, high-profile developments totaling more than $100 million in value. The team’s projects included Fruitvale BART Transit Village, Union Point Park, BID & Commercial Corridor Improvements and an affordable senior housing tax credit development. Tom also spearheaded the creation of a micro-enterprise retail business incubator development.
Tom’s background in real estate and economic development and property management provides him with a unique ability to work cohesively with both owners and investors on a variety of investment products and strategies. His integrity and client-first attitude have allowed him to provide exceptional customer service and results for his clients.
- Oakland Rotary Club #3 - Dan Lasar “Good Job” Aware for Club Service, 2020
- Leadership Oakland Alumni Award, Oakland Chamber of Commerce, 2017
- Real Estate Development National Award, Urban Forum, Local Initiative Support Corporation (LISC)
- Best Mixed Use Project - Fruitvale Transit Village, Real Estate Deal of the Year, San Francisco Business Times, 2003
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, state of California
- Chair, Oakland Planning Commission
- Board member, Oakland Rotary Club
- Board member, Oakland Builders Alliance
- Board Member, Oakland Lacrosse
- Leadership Oakland Alumni, 2000
Tom graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree.