Thomas MacDonald, SIOR, joined Newmark’s Pittsburgh office as a senior managing director in 2012, bringing with him an established track record and a reputation as a creative dealmaker. As an office specialist, Mr. MacDonald focuses primarily on marketing, analyzing and negotiating transactions on behalf of sophisticated investors and occupiers of office space. Since joining Newmark, he has earned the prestigious Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) designation. Mr. MacDonald offers clients a comprehensive understanding of local market dynamics combined with 31 successful years in the commercial real estate industry, which he leverages to deliver effective strategies in support of his clients’ business objectives.
Having represented a number of high-profile office assets, Mr. MacDonald has gained recognition for his process-driven approach, candid advice and fluid navigation of multiple-party interests. His expertise has enabled a number of successful transactions, including several involving corporate headquarters.
Mr. MacDonald has been invited by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute as a guest speaker for Negotiating and Drafting the Best Terms for Commercial Leases and consistently appears in the annual Pittsburgh Business Times Book of Lists for largest commercial transactions.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. MacDonald served in a similar capacity at CBRE, where he was a senior vice president for 14 years.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- Ariba, Inc., an SAP Company
- Benchmark Realty Services
- Conemaugh Health Systems
- DiCicco Development Inc.
- Forest City Development
- GLP Development Company
- Jos. L. Muscarelle, Inc.
- Kojaian Management Corporation
- Maronda Homes
- Nabors, Inc.
- Parkway Associates
- Pennsylvania State University
- Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County
- Schoolwires, Inc.
- Soffer Organization
- United Steelworkers Building Fund
- Wells REIT II
PARTIAL LIST OF OFFICE TRANSACTIONS:
- 310,328, 329, 330 and 331 Innovation Park Leasing and Sale: 330,000 SF
- Ariba, Inc. Regional HQ Lease Restructuring: 180,000 SF
- Nova Chemicals U.S. HQ Build-To-Suit Lease: 150,000 SF
- UPMC at Southside Works Lease: 150,000 SF
- Bayer-Medrad HQ Office Building Sale: 125,000 SF
- Quest Office Lease: 125,000 SF
- Education Management HQ Office Lease: 108,000 SF
- Aesynt/Omnicell Office Lease: 102,000 SF
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation Lease: 93,000 SF
- Comcast/AT&T Broadband Sale: 90,000 SF
- Penn State Outreach Build-To-Suit Lease: 68,000 SF
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC HQ Office Lease: 56,000 SF
PARTIAL LIST OF OFFICE PROPERTIES REPRESENTED:
- K&L Gates Center: 637,000 SF
- Parkway Center Office Campus: 617,500 SF
- Liberty Center Office Tower: 562,000 SF
- Cranberry Woods Campus: 400,000 SF
- Cherrington Corporate Center Campus: 325,000 SF
- Westpointe Corporate Center Campus: 310,000 SF
- 2000 Park Lane: 235,000 SF
- Innovation Park at State College: 330,000 SF
- Northpointe Office Campus: 140,000 SF
Mr. MacDonald holds a Master of Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Pittsburgh’s Katz Graduate School of Business. He also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in economics from Clarion University, where he was an Academic All-American.