Sherry L. Watkins MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 and currently serves as an executive vice president. In this role, Watkins is responsible for business development; continuing to provide outstanding service to clients; third-party appraisal review services; and overseeing a team of appraisers located in Atlanta and throughout the southeast. She oversees appraisal services in Georgia, Alabama, South and North Carolina, Tennessee, and Mississippi.
Additionally, Watkins is involved with the preparation and review of appraisal reports on a broad range of property types. She has provided expert witness testimony in U.S. Bankruptcy Court and superior courts of Bibb, Cobb, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Douglas, Dawson, Henry, and Pickens Counties in Georgia. She has served as a hearing officer for the Georgia Department of Revenue.
Watkins joined Newmark from Integra Realty Resources, where she served as a senior managing director and principal. Prior to her tenure at IRR, which began in 2007, she served as a managing director at PGP Valuation Inc. (now Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services) and as associate director at Cushman & Wakefield. She previously served as a senior appraiser with C. Spencer Powell/RSP Associates and the Oregon Department of Revenue.
- Former Region IX Regional Representative, Appraisal Institute
- President, Atlanta Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2019
- Vice President, Atlanta Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2018
- Secretary, Atlanta Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2017
- Treasurer, Atlanta Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2016
- Current Member of the Board of Directors, Atlanta Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women Network (CREW)
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida
- Formerly Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Formerly Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), American Society of Appraisers
Watkins earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration at Georgia State University. Additionally, she is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members.