Sean Moynihan joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as the executive vice president, market leader in the company’s Atlanta, Georgia, office. Mr. Moynihan is responsible for providing strategic direction to the Atlanta office, working collaboratively with the company’s professionals and the global leadership team to create value for the company’s clients and drive sustained growth for Newmark. Mr. Moynihan manages revenue growth, profitability, client relations, top industry recruitment and business development for the Atlanta office. Prior to returning to Newmark, Mr. Moynihan served for six years as a principal at Avison Young, where he focused primarily as a tenant advisor, assisting companies with the strategic, operational and cultural impact of their real estate. Over his career, Mr. Moynihan has represented a diverse range of companies, from established North American corporations to professional service firms. His expertise includes lease accounting, brokerage, project management and financial analysis.
- 2008 Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deal of the Year – First Data Corp.
- 2005 Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deal of the Year – Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough
- Licensed real estate salesperson, Georgia
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- Atlanta Speech School, Board of Advisors
- Gwinnett Soccer Academy, select staff coach, former academy director and past club president
- Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA at Buckhead, board member 2005-2017. 2014 Volunteer of the Year
Mr. Moynihan graduated from Monmouth University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and was a NCAA Division 1 scholarship athlete on the men’s soccer team. He was selected as team captain and most valuable player his senior year prior to signing a professional contract with the New Jersey Stallions.