Sean Moynihan is Executive Vice President, Regional Managing Director and Southeast Market Leader, overseeing Newmark’s strategic management throughout the Southeast region, driving the platform’s strategy and enhanced service offerings. Based in Atlanta,
he works collaboratively with the company’s professionals and the global leadership team to create value for the company’s clients and drive sustained growth for Newmark. Moynihan manages revenue growth, profitability, client relations, top industry recruitment and business development for Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee markets.
Before returning to Newmark, Moynihan served for six years as a principal at Avison Young, where he focused primarily as a tenant advisor, assisting companies with their real estate’s strategic, operational, and cultural impact. Over his career, Moynihan has represented a diverse range of companies, from established North American corporations to professional service firms. His expertise includes lease accounting, brokerage, project management and financial analysis.
- 2008 Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deal of the Year – First Data Corp.
- 2005 Atlanta Business Chronicle, Deal of the Year – Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough
- Licensed real estate salesperson, Georgia
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors
- Atlanta Speech School, Board of Advisors
- Gwinnett Soccer Academy, select staff coach, former academy director and past club president
- Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA at Buckhead, board member 2005-2017. 2014 Volunteer of the Year
Moynihan graduated from Monmouth University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and was an NCAA Division 1 scholarship athlete on the men’s soccer team. He was selected as team captain and most valuable player his senior year prior to signing a professional contract with the New Jersey Stallions.