Scott M. Brown joined Newmark in 2001 at the firm’s Manhattan headquarters, where he currently serves as a Managing Director. Over the course of his career, Brown has established a reputation for his deep expertise in the creative sector. His client base includes some of the most prominent names in social media, advertising and technology, as well as law firms and financial services companies. Understanding the unique needs of creative companies, Brown has helped a number of clients expand and acquire flexibility within a creative environment.
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS:
- 135 West 50th Street, Marvel Entertainment: 52,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 195 Broadway, Rocket Fuel: 42,000 SF (relocation)
- 350 Madison Avenue, World Economic Forum: 38,000 SF
- 2 Park Avenue, JW Player: 27,500 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 360 Park Avenue South, Paradigm, A Talent & Literary Agency: 23,500 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 95 University Place, LearnVest: 20,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 521 Fifth Avenue, Critical Mention: 20,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 902 Broadway, Cramer-Krasselt: 16,500 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 254 36th Street, Industry City, Brooklyn, Material Wrld: 14,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 230 Fifth Avenue, BaubleBar: 12,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
- 1239 Broadway, Joor: 10,000 SF (expansion)
- 220 West 19th Street, Burns Group: 10,000 SF (relocation and expansion)
Brown also represents a number of New York law firms, including Fox Horan & Camerini LLP, Gottlieb Rackman & Reisman PC and Michelman & Robinson, LLP. Recently, he represented Golenbock, Eiseman, Assor, Bell & Peskoe in its relocation to 40,000 square feet at 711 Third Avenue. Other prominent clients include hedge funds Taconic Capital and Entrust Capital and non-profits the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee and The Fortune Society. On the landlord side, Brown has represented 230 Park Avenue and 148 Lafayette Street.
Previously, Brown was a talent agent in Beverly Hills, CA, at Creative Artists Agency. Brown is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York.
Brown received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Wisconsin at Madison.