Scott Allen, MAI joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019 as an Executive Vice President of the company’s Buffalo office. A 35-year industry veteran, Scott has prepared valuations and market analyses across a broad range of property types that includes residential housing, low-income housing projects, apartments, student apartments, historic preservation projects, senior housing projects, commercial property and vacant land.
Over the course of his career, Scott has focused on producing quality market analyses and appraisal work in a timely manner for mortgage lenders, corporations, non-profits, tax credit syndicators, private developers/investors, and government entities including HUD, Rural Development, and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac.
Scott began his career as a certified general appraiser and currently focuses his efforts on market analysis and appraisal work related to multifamily and residential housing. Prior to joining Newmark, Scott was principal and partner of GAR Associates, a commercial real estate and advisory firm established in 1961.
- Member and Past Chairperson, National Council of Housing Market Analysts (NCHMA)
- Board of Directors, National Housing & Rehabilitation Association (NH&RA)
- Member, Eastern & Western Lenders Association (HUD Lenders)
- Member, New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH)
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate property appraiser, state of New York
- Certified general real property appraiser, states of Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia
- Approved Market Analyst by New York State HCR and ADOH (Arizona Department of Housing)
- HUD MAP appraisal and market analysis, and instructor for the MBA HUD Lender training/appraisal principals and procedures
Scott earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in materials and logistics management from Michigan State University’s College of Business in 1986. He is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members and has been an approved instructor for the HUD MAP Underwriting Training Program since 2013.