Scot Herod is a Director of Real Estate with Retail Occupier Services, a specialty practice within Newmark. Herod helps to manage the Asset Management requirements for retailers, including lease negotiations of existing locations, facilitate recommendations from area operators, and maintaining a database with updated lease information. His primary responsibilities are:
- Facilitate the negotiations of lease renewals and extensions.
- Research individual markets, review operation’s recommendations and consult with the client to provide the most optimal outcome.
- Abstract and update pertinent lease information into the asset management database.
- Coordinate with legal to ensure renewals and extensions are accurate and delivered to the landlord in a timely manner.
- Manage the disposition process.
Herod has over 12 years of experience in the real estate field with 6 years of experience as a Real Estate Manager and 6 years as a lease administrator where he abstracted leases, performed account/year-end reconciliations, processed all monthly payments to the landlords and facilitated estoppels, insurance certificates, and termination notifications.
While with Retail Occupier Services, Herod has performed asset management for Dollar Financial Group, AT&T, Fresh Produce, Conn’s Electronics, Rent A Center, Grocery Outlet and Harbor Freight Tools, among others. On average, Herod will complete between 200-300 lease renewals, restructures and terminations per annum and is a consistent “Top Producer” of savings for ROS clients.
Prior to Newmark, Herod managed over 2,000 license agreements and 100 lease agreements nation-wide while employed with Staubach Company.
Areas of Specialty
- Asset Management
- Lease Administration
- Property Accounting
- Process Management
- International Council of Shopping Centers
The University of North Texas: The University of North Texas: Denton, Texas: BBA Degree, Real Estate Major, May 2007; Masters of Business Administration, Strategic Management, May 2013