Sara Payne, MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 and currently serves as a Senior Managing Director and Market Co-Leader for Texas and Louisiana. Based in the Houston office, Payne brings to her position over 17 years of real estate appraisal and consulting experience throughout the United States.
Payne’s commercial appraisal assignments have included multifamily, office, industrial and retail properties. She has also appraised numerous other special-purpose properties, including schools, hotels and recreational facilities. Payne possesses experience in portfolio valuations, purchase price accounting, and valuation consulting.
Prior to Payne joining Newmark in October 2017, she served as Vice President in the Houston office of Jones Lang LaSalle’s Valuation & Advisory group. Her real estate career extends over a decade with substantial experience at Integra Realty Resources, Ernst & Young and Duff & Phelps.
- Board of Directors, Houston Chapter, Appraisal Institute
- MAI Candidate Advisor, Houston Chapter, Appraisal Institute
- President of Houston Chapter of Appraisal Institute, 2020
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser in the state of Texas
Payne earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in marketing from the University of Texas at Austin.