Ross M. Perlman joined Newmark at the firm’s Manhattan headquarters in 2002. Widely recognized for his expertise in the representation of tenants on both a local and national level, Perlman provides a broad scope of services including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing advisory, national corporate representation, global portfolio advisory, and state and local incentives negotiations. Over the course of his career, he has negotiated more than 5 million square feet in transactions on behalf of his clients, with a total consideration exceeding $1 billion.
Perlman has built a significant national corporate services practice, representing clients including Barney’s New York, retail banks BankUnited and Capital One, Dunkin Brands, Marcum LLP, Overstock.com and Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, among others. Perlman applies his expertise in best practices, strategic planning and space utilization to help his clients develop and implement strategic plans for their real estate portfolios.
Additionally, Perlman has extensive experience in handling global headquarters assignments on behalf of tenants from a broad range of business sectors. Perlman employs a highly consultative approach to assist his clients in achieving their operational, financial and corporate image goals. By providing a thorough understanding of the issues and opportunities surrounding each transaction, which frequently involve multi-state negotiations and state and local incentive negotiations, Perlman maximizes the participation of executives to build consensus and manage organizational change through a headquarters move.
Partial List of Corporate Headquarters Transactions
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts - 450,000 SF
- Starwood Vacation Ownership - 265,000 SF
- Overstock.com - 230,000 SF
- Cartus Corporation - 230,000 SF
- Barney’s New York - 180,000 SF
- Dunkin Brands - 175,000 SF
- Capital One - 150,000 SF
- Sub Zero - 150,000 SF
- NeueHouse - 100,000 SF
- Creative Artists Agency - 100,000 SF
- Marcum - 75,000 SF
- Conde Nast Publications - 75,000 SF
Most recently, Perlman received the coveted NAIOP Office Transaction of the Year award for his representation of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide in the leasing of its new 430,000-square-foot global headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut. His widely acclaimed representation of Marcum LLP for 70,000 square feet at 750 Third Avenue in New York garnered him the SL Green Deal of the Year award.
- Office Transaction of the Year, NAIOP - Starwood Hotels and Resorts’ Worldwide lease transaction for its new global headquarters of 430,000 RSF in Stamford, CT
- Deals & Deal Makers of the Year, Real Estate Forum - Overstock.com’s lease transaction of 230,000 RSF in Salt Lake City, UT
- Deal of the Year, SL Green - Marcum LLP’s lease transaction at 750 Third Avenue, NY
- Nassau County Industrial Transaction of the Year, Long Island Business News - SubZero
- Finalist, Deal of the Year, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) - Capital One Bank’s lease transaction at 90 Park Avenue, NY, NY
- Finalist, New York’s Most Promising Commercial Salesperson, REBNY
- First Place, Deal of the Year, Distinguished Achievement Award, Commercial Property Executive
- Moguls in the Making (top 35-and-under NYC real estate players), The Real Deal
Perlman is a licensed real estate salesperson in the state of New York. He is affiliated with BritishAmerican Business Inc. (BABi) and a member of both the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) and the Applied Real Estate Security Analysis Program (ARESAP). He is also involved with numerous charitable organizations and is one of the founding members of the Young Professionals Board for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society of New York.
Perlman earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Real Estate and Finance from the University of Wisconsin and remains active in its alumni association. He resides in New York City with his wife and son.