Executive Managing Director Ronald A. Solarz joined Newmark in 2018 and co-heads the company’s Private Client Group. One of New York City’s most respected and successful investment sales brokers, Solarz has arranged more than $10 billion in investment property sales for institutional investors, hedge funds and private investors in neighborhoods throughout the city. Solarz has extensive experience successfully marketing all asset classes, including development sites and assemblages, multifamily, retail, office, industrial and mixed use. He is also highly experienced in mezzanine and equity placement.
Prior to Newmark, Solarz worked for 24 years at Eastern Consolidated, which had been one of the New York City area’s largest investment sales brokerage firms. From 2011 to 2014, he was a Managing Partner at Brookfield Financial.
Solarz has exclusively represented some of the best-known real estate investors, including SL Green, Vornado, Toll Brothers, Westbrook Partners, Extell, Carlyle, Plaxall, Sterling Equities, Dermot Companies and Cape Advisors.
Currently, Solarz is in the process of selling the Harlem Boulevard Portfolio, which is comprised of 11 buildings containing 185 multifamily units plus 15,000 square feet of retail. In addition, Solarz is representing the sale of a 50-unit elevatored apartment building in Bushwick; a fully leased retail condo in a new construction luxury building in Long Island City; among several other prime properties.
An expert in development transactions, Solarz has completed the sale of more than 100 development sites since the start of his career.
- 30-36 E. 29th Street, three building assemblage with 170,000 SF zoning floor area
- 139 E. 56th Street, development site with 111,000 SF zoning floor area
- In Queens, Solarz has sold several development sites including 22-12 Jackson Avenue, LIC, development site with 169,500 SF zoning area
- 160 W. 62nd Street, development site with 400,000 SF zoning area
- 302-306 Third Avenue, development site with 270,000 SF zoning area
- 310 W. 52nd Street, development site with 250,000 SF zoning area
- 170 Amsterdam Avenue, 99-year net lease for residential development with 200,000 SF zoning area
- 510 W. 22nd Street, development site with 140,000 SF zoning area
Solarz has concluded transactions for a large number of buildings with multifamily space, including mixed-use properties:
- 240 E. 27th Street in Kips Bay, a 27-story, 324-unit, 348,386 SF luxury multifamily building, sold for $210 million
- Washington Heights Portfolio, containing nine mixed-use elevator apartment buildings with 413 apartments and 48 retail stores, sold for $165 million
- Devonshire House at 28 E. 10th Street in Greenwich Village, a 15-story luxury apartment building with 134 units, sold for $110 million
- 600 Washington Street in Greenwich Village, a 100,000 SF building with 135 apartments and four retail stores, sold for $75 million
- 420 E. 80th Street on the Upper East Side, a 137,000 SF luxury apartment building with 155 units, sold for $62 million
- Decathlon Portfolio, 10 Upper Manhattan multifamily buildings with 474 units at 248 Sherman Avenue; 72 Vermilyea Avenue; 9 Thayer Street; 38 Sickles Street; 90 Ellwood Street; 552 W. 188th Street; 556 W. 188th Street; 566 W. 190th Street; 570 W. 190th Street; and 961 St. Nicholas Avenue, sold for $49 million
Partial List of Office Transactions
- 375 Pearl Street: represented one of the buyers, Youngwoo & Associates
- 180 Madison Avenue: exclusively represented SL Green
- 110 Fifth Avenue: sold to Samson Management and Rabina Properties
- 636 Avenue of the Americas: exclusively represented the Kaufman Organization
- 22-24 W. 38th Street: sold to Dalan Management
Partial List of Retail Transactions
- 55 W. 17th Street (retail condominium): exclusive client - Toll Brothers
- 959 First Avenue (retail condominium): exclusive client - Toll Brothers
- 211 Columbus Avenue (retail property): exclusive client - Vornado
- 122 Spring Street (retail cooperative): exclusive client - Vornado
- 131-137 Spring Street: exclusive
- 40-42 Thompson Street (office and retail): exclusive - sold to Vornado
- 28 E. 10th Street (retail condominium): exclusive - sold for Sterling Equities to the Brodsky Organization and Michael Field
- 456 W. 19th Street: exclusive - seller Oaktree Capital Management and Tamarkin Co.; sold to Quinlan (retail condo)
- Broker of the Year, Eastern Consolidated, 2003, 2006 and 2010
- Top 50 Deal Maker, Real Estate Weekly, 2005 and 2009
- Five-time CoStar Power Broker
- Commercial Broker All Star, Real Estate Weekly
- Member, Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY)
Solarz graduated summa cum laude from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Management, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration.