Roger Land, MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2020 and currently serves as a Senior Managing Director based in the Austin, Texas office and as the co-leader of the Retail Petroleum & Restaurants specialty practice. Roger most recently served as a managing director and principal of Hopkins Appraisal Services. Roger brings to his position over 30 years of experience, particularly in valuation and portfolio analyses of convenience stores, truck stops, restaurants and car washes and other prominent franchised retail concepts. Roger’s current concentration is in restaurants and retail petroleum facilities across the nation.
Relevant experience includes:
- Participation in the valuation (business and real estate) of thousands of franchised restaurants and retail petroleum/convenience store units over the past 25 years for various lenders, franchisors and oil companies.
- Purchase Price Allocation - multiple restaurant concepts, retail petroleum and car wash operators.
- Appraisals of all commercial property types, including office, multifamily, large mixed-use developments, regional malls, strip shopping centers, residential subdivisions and industrial facilities.
- Estate and tax planning valuation engagements.
- Audit assistance appraisal review.
- Litigation support, mortgage/equity and loan portfolio analysis, underwriting and asset management assistance.
- Austin Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Texas, Colorado, Indiana, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Maryland, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Minnesota, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Ohio and Tennessee
Roger earned a Master of Real Estate in Land Economics and Real Estate from Texas A&M University and previously earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Finance from Texas A&M University.