CA Appraiser License #AG002595
CA RE License #01034857
Robby D. Perrino, MAI, CRE, CCIM, serves as a Senior Managing Director in Newmark Valuation & Advisory’s San Jose office, where he leads the development of the firm’s V&A practice in Northern California. Perrino brings to his position over 30 years of experience valuing and advising on institutional and corporate real estate throughout the Americas. He has also served as a consultant/fiduciary advisor providing strategic advice to corporations, institutional clients and developers/investors.
Prior to Newmark, Perrino served in a variety of management roles in the Cushman & Wakefield Valuation & Advisory Services Group for 26 years in the western region. He also served as national director of corporate solutions, focusing on valuation and advisory opportunities with corporations and advisory firms.
Additionally, Perrino was responsible for developing and managing institutional relationships in the Americas with public and private plan sponsors, investment managers, REITs and life insurance companies. He served as the firm’s national relationship manager and single point of contact for the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), Deutsche Asset Management/RREEF and Stockbridge Real Estate Funds.
Partial List of Notable Transactions
- Led the valuation team for Deutsche Bank/RREEF’s $1.1 billion acquisition of Peery-Arrillaga’s Silicon Valley portfolio, consisting 5.3 million square feet and 119 properties. At the time in 2006, this was the largest number of commercial properties in the region to change hands.
- Managed the Northern California valuations for Blackstone’s 2007 purchase of Equity Office Properties for $39 billion. With approximately 540 properties totaling 130 million square feet, this is the largest-ever real estate private equity buyout.
- Led the valuation team of the M West Silicon Valley portfolio, comprising 6.4 million square feet and 73 buildings. M West acquired the portfolio from Mission West Properties in 2012 for a total consideration of $800 million, in what was Silicon Valley’s largest deal of the year.
- Francis Corcoran Valuation Manager of the Year Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 2000
- Northern California Service Excellence Award, Cushman & Wakefield, 1998 and 1999
- Valuation & Advisory Top Producer, Cushman & Wakefield (qualified for C&W’s Achievement Conference), 1998 and 1999
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute (MAI #11406)
- CRE designation, The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE #12895)
- CCIM designation, Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute (CCIM #8219)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of California
- Real estate broker’s license, state of California
Perrino earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics from the University of Southern California. He also has completed the requirements of the continuing education program of the Appraisal Institute.