Richard Whobrey is a lead advisor for Newmark’s Global Consulting and Strategy Solutions Group, advising on global real estate portfolio and CRE optimization, including organization design, spend analysis, capital planning and supply chain agility engagements, along with their respective digital strategies. Since 2006, Richard has completed engagements in 37 countries, and established hub advisory offices for Newmark in London, Frankfurt, Toulouse, Oslo and New York.
Richard’s passion is outpacing business-as-usual real estate asset planning by seeking out digital advances, PropTech, trusted data sources, and new ways to analyze trends. His mission is to prepare clients for potential impacts to their real estate portfolios and supply chains from the open talent economy, agility platforms, customer alignment, machine learning, generational shifts, urbanization, geo-political, pandemic and climate risks.
Before joining Newmark, Richard spent 7 years overseeing the planning and deployment of workplace, corporate real estate process and technology solutions, including TRIRIGA, Aperture, SAP, Archibus and others. Richard began his career with a London-based design studio, creating design innovations via RenderMan 3D design technology.
Partial Client List
Areas of Specialty
- Industrial Asset Strategies
- Strategic Portfolio Planning
- Long Range Facility Plans
- Spend Analysis
- Location & Culture Risk Mitigation
- PropTech and Digital Strategies
- Keynote Speaker, “Strategic Planning in the Age of Technology,” EuroFM Conference, Prague, Czech Republic
- Plenary Speaker, “SMART Infrastructure,” IBM Watson Conference, Las Vegas
- Plenary Speaker, “Creating Strategic RE Plans with IWMS,” Tradeline, Scottsdale AZ
- Plenary Session, “AIRBUS: Harmonizing Digital Processes in 4 Countries,” IBM Watson Conference, Las Vegas
- Member, Corenet Global
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Richard studied environmental sciences at Oregon State University and held internships with RenderMan and AutoDesk for UI / UX design.