CA RE License #00831650
Richard Knutson is a senior managing director with Newmark’s Oakland office, serving professional and institutional apartment investors in the San Francisco Bay Area. Richard has successfully closed a broad array of transactions, including over 260 sales involving over 17,000 housing units and transaction volume in excess of $2.3 billion.
Prior to joining Newmark, Richard co-founded Premier Apartment Advisors, formerly the East Bay office of Moison Investment Company. Richard began his real estate career in 1982 as an apartment investment specialist with the Oakland office of CBRE, where he earned the Top Rookie and Top Five Producer honors during his 15-year tenure.
Richard received the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation in 1987.
- Bankers Trust
- Bentall Residential US
- Carmel Partners
- Essex Property Trust
- Fairfield Residential LLP
- Fowler Flanagan
- The John Steward Company
- Madison Park Financial
- The Martin Group
- Matteson Real Estate Equities
- Pacific Urban Residential
- The Related Companies of California
- Rutherford Investments
- U.C. Berkeley Foundation
- Chair, director, Oakland Strategic Plan, 1994-2000
- Oakland Economic Development Advisory Commission, 1995-1997
- Long Range Planning Committee chair, executive committee, California Association of Realtors, 1992-1993
- Director, president, Oakland Association of Realtors, 1985-1993
- Returned Volunteers Association, United States Peace Corps
Richard earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Southern Methodist University, where his concentrations of study were real estate and finance.