Richard Bertasi is Chief Executive Officer of Newmark’s Global Corporate Services (GCS) group, an integrated global platform that provides seamless, beginning-to-end corporate services solutions to clients around the world. In this role, Bertasi focuses on global and regional portfolio and expansion strategies, strategic oversight for lease administration and facilities management, workplace strategies, company leadership and culture development, emerging technology solutions, and safety and wellness programs in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Bertasi is a 25-year corporate real estate veteran with significant experience as a senior executive for real estate and investment companies worldwide. Prior to joining Newmark in 2021, he served as Head of Real Estate & Facilities for Bridgewater Associates, the world’s largest hedge fund, where he oversaw the fund’s occupancy across a wide range of corporate real estate assets, including office, data centers, hospitality and entertainment venues. Prior to Bridgewater Associates, Bertasi spent ten years working in Europe, including five years overseeing global corporate real estate and services for Deutsche Bank, a portfolio spanning more than 4,200 international locations.
Bertasi has also served in management roles at nascent corporate real estate services business United Systems Integrators (USI), which included time as founder and CEO of its property administration/management software product Sequentra. He also served as a partner at the commercial real estate developer and investor Trammell Crow.
Areas of Specialty
- Global and Regional Portfolio and Expansion Strategies
- Strategic Oversight for Lease Administration and Facilities Management
- Workplace Strategies
- Company Leadership and Culture Development
- Emerging Technology Solutions
- Safety and Wellness Programs in response to the COVID-19 crisis
Bertasi maintains involvement in multiple industry groups and academic organizations, including his role as a past board member and committee chair for CoreNet Global.
- Chair of the Amos Tuck School’s European Advisory Board and a member of its MBA Advisory Board and Honor Code Judicial Committee
- Volunteer Chair of the Weston, Connecticut, Facility Optimization Committee
- Member of the Board of Governors for the Dartmouth Rugby Football Club
Bertasi holds a Master of Business Administration from Dartmouth College’s Amos Tuck School of Business, as well as a Bachelor of Arts in International Political Economy from Dartmouth College.