Rhodri James serves as a Vice Chairman in Newmark’s Hong Kong office. A 25-year corporate real estate veteran and Asia-Pacific (APAC) market expert, James is leading the build-out of Newmark’s Hong Kong platform of transaction services. He has substantial expertise in tenant, landlord and investor representation across the Hong Kong and APAC markets.
James has implemented some of the largest and most complex private and public-sector leasing, sales and rent review transactions in Hong Kong, cementing his reputation as one of the leading commercial property advisors in the region.
James came to Newmark in 2022 after 15 years at CBRE Hong Kong—with his most recent role as Vice Chairman of Advisory and Transaction Services, where he developed real estate strategies for leading companies—and nine years as Regional Director at Jones Lang LaSalle Hong Kong.
Partial List of Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative:
- Manulife (505,000 SF, 435,000 SF, 285,000 SF, 125,000 SF, 100,000 SF, 140,000 SF, 70,000 SF), Morgan Stanley (500,000 SF), BNP Paribas (125,000 SF, 110,000 SF, 105,000 SF, 115,000 SF), JP Morgan (240,000 SF, 220,000 SF), Bank of America (149,000 SF, 120,000 SF, 45,000 SF, 70,000 SF), Citibank (240,000 SF, 125,000 SF), PCCW (220,000 SF), LVMH (150,000 SF, 45,000 SF), Société Générale (110,000 SF, 80,000 SF), Daiwa SMBC (45,000 SF, 90,000 SF, 45,000 SF), Lehman Brothers (40,000 SF, 55,000 SF, 35,000 SF), DBS Bank (70,000 SF, 55,000 SF), Nomura (125,000 SF), Hong Kong Exchange and Clearings (70,000 SF), Nike (70,000 SF), Mizuho (40,000 SF, 25,000 SF), Gammon Construction (50,000 SF), Starbucks (20,000 SF, 30,000 SF), Standard Chartered Bank (40,000 SF)
- BNP Paribas / Fortis Bank (100,000 SF), Bank of America (75,000 SF)
- Manulife (512,000 SF), Citibank (512,000 SF), The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (312,000 SF), The Bank of East Asia (250,000 SF)
- RICS Best Deal of the Year 2015: Citibank’s purchase of Citi Tower
- RICS Best Deal of the Year 2014: Manulife’s purchase of Manulife Tower
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (HKIS)
- Licensed Estate Agent in Hong Kong (EAA)
James graduated from the University of South Wales, where he earned a Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Real Estate.