Nicholas H. Emerson, MAI, AI-GRS, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as a senior vice president in the Houston office. Emerson brings to his position more than 12 years of experience providing real property consultations, appraisal reviews, market studies, rent analyses, feasibility studies and litigation support. His experience extends to a wide variety of property types including business centers, manufacturing facilities, office buildings, mixed-use developments, multifamily, shopping centers, self-storage facilities, hotels and vacant land.
Prior to Newmark, Emerson worked for than six years in CBRE’s Valuation & Advisory Services Group, as a vice president in the Houston office for the South Central Region. He focused primarily on Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. Prior to CBRE, Emerson worked as an associate appraiser at Deal, Sikes & Associates in Houston, where he focused primarily on litigation support for right-of-way acquisitions.
- Provided litigation support to the Travis County Appraisal District with regard to estimating the fee simple market value in the Circuit of the Americas COTA F-1 sanctioned race track.
- Provided property owners and appraisal districts with litigation support regarding equal and uniform analysis and market value estimates for various property types including warehouse distribution facilities, Class A community and retail power centers, build-to-suit properties, retail strip centers and multifamily.
- Provided analysis of various portfolios across the U.S. with an emphasis on achievable premiums or discounts to the portfolio. Portfolios ranged in size from as few as four assets to more than 50 assets and have included institutional-grade, triple-net retail properties, industrial warehouse facilities, community and power center retail properties, mid- and high-rise office properties and self-storage properties.
- Provided appraisal services and consulting work on a high-rise beachfront condominium development with final conclusions presented in United States Bankruptcy Court.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI and AI-GRS membership designations, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas
- Board member of the Young Appraisal Professionals, Houston Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, 2011 - 2013
Emerson earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Baylor University.