CA RE License #01116357
Myron G. Galchutt joined Newmark in 2002 as the founding partner of the company’s Orange County business and as managing principal and executive vice president for all of its Southern California operations (formerly Newmark of Southern California Inc.) Mr. Galchutt has provided leadership, patience and perseverance that, along with his executive team, have fueled the growth of operations from 25 employees in three offices to more than 300 employees in eight offices throughout Southern California.
Mr. Galchutt started his professional career as a corporate tax auditor for Bob Bullock, Comptroller for the state of Texas, before becoming a real estate tax advisor for Ernst & Young. Mr. Galchutt changed career paths to provide innovative strategies to corporate executives who owned or leased commercial properties.
Throughout his career, Mr. Galchutt has provided a wide range of real estate advisory services for a variety of unique projects, most notably tenant representation site selection strategy, and GAAP/tax reporting strategy for the following:
- Numerous national/global real estate portfolios for corporate clients that include Banco Popular, Citigroup, Kaiser Permanente (over 46 million SF.), Merrill Lynch, MSC Software and North American Title Company (client for over 18 years)
- Chevron’s Australia headquarters in Perth: 580,000 SF
- Unocal’s regional headquarters: 460,000 SF, 119 acres
- Ceradyne headquarters: 180,000 SF
- Chevron’s North American data center: 150,000 SF
- 99 Cents Only headquarters: 110,000 SF
Mr. Galchutt has received multiple “top broker” awards since 1993, including awards from Newmark in 2012 recognizing him as a Top 5 Producer in Orange County and a Top 20 Producer in Southern California.
- President, Alumni Advisory Council, Ernst & Young, 2011 - present
- President, Lutheran Scouters of Southern California, 2008 - 2010, and Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Elders, St. John’s Lutheran Church of Orange, 1996 - 2003 and 2009 - present
- Board of directors, 2004 - 2013; chairman of the board, Desert to Sea region, 2008 - 2011; advisory council to national president and CEO Gail J. McGovern, 2008 - 2011, American Red Cross
- Board of directors, Lutheran High School of Orange County, 2004 - 2008
Mr. Galchutt earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an emphasis in accounting from Texas State University, where he also founded the Texas Iota Alpha Chapter of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity. He also attended California State University, Long Beach, to continue his advanced studies in Spanish. Other notable academic accomplishments include a Congressional nomination and appointment to attend the U.S. Military Academy (West Point) Preparatory School and the completion of Officer Candidate School for the U.S. Air Force.