Monty Harris rejoined Newmark Knight Frank as Executive Managing Director in 2016 and is a member of the Critical Transactions Group, specializing in minimizing the cost and balance sheet impact of large real estate transactions. The Critical Transactions Group is a geographically disbursed, 12-member team that works exclusively with major occupiers on their headquarters and mission critical facilities globally. Using data and predictive analytics, the group identifies value creation opportunities for its clients, agnostic of geography or lease expiration.
The Critical Transaction Group forensically examines non-traditional opportunity indicators such as landlord investment strategies, capital stack exposure, and anchor tenant impact on asset valuation. Utilizing this approach, Mr. Harris and the team have successfully executed over 3.1M SF of transactions over the past 3 years with an average remaining lease term of 5.3 years.
Mr. Harris brings with him over 24 years of commercial real estate experience and has secured millions of dollars in savings for his clients through his expertise in areas such as Accretive Value Arbitrage, EBITDA Enhancement, Balance Sheet Optimization, Structured Finance, Strategic Planning, Workplace Optimization, Financial Engineering, Traditional Leasing, and Fixed-Fee Build-to-Suits.
Mr. Harris began his real estate career in 1996 and was part of the team that opened Newmark’s first office in the south in 2002.
PARTIAL LIST OF LEASE TRANSACTIONS
As a tenant respresentative:
- Office Depot, 675,000 SF, Boca Raton, FL; 120,000, Austin, TX
- CH2M, 380,000 SF, Denver, CO; 240,000 SF, Atlanta, GA
- Wellcare, 380,000 SF, Tampa, FL
- WageWorks, 154,000, Irving, TX
- Allianz, 120,000 SF, Richmond, VA
- Nelson Mullins, 120,000 SF, Atlanta, GA
- First Data, 125,000 SF, Atlanta, GA
- Womble Carlyle, 120,000 SF, Atlanta, GA
- Burr & Forman, 105,000 SF, Birmingham, AL
- SunTrust, 90,000 SF, Orlando, FL
- Aetna, 90,000 SF, Jacksonville, FL
- Savills Top Producer DC Region 2015
- Newmark Top Producer Atlanta 2011 and 2012
- Largest Office Transaction of the Year, South Florida 2017
- Largest Office Transaction of the Year, Denver 2015
- Best in Atlanta Office Category, Atlanta Business Chronicle, 2008
- Office Transaction of the Year, NAIOP, 2006
- Office Transaction of the Year, CoStar 2005
Mr. Harris graduated from the University of Virginia with honors in 1996. He lives on a farm in Charlottesville, Virginia, with his wife, four children, four dogs and a number of other animals.