CA RE License #01310041
Michael Zylstra is a senior managing director with Newmark Capital Markets Group. He has more than 22 years of commercial real estate, investment acquisition/disposition experience. His experience with office, retail, and industrial investment transactions includes property underwriting, contract negotiation, feasibility, due diligence, and sourcing debt/equity.
Michael has provided a variety of services, including valuation, consulting and disposition, for an assorted group of private and institutional clients, including Agilent, General Mills, Hall Equities Group, Nearon Enterprises, Chevron, Ridge Capital, Wells Fargo and numerous private high-net-worth investors.
Prior to joining Newmark in 2001 he held various finance and consulting positions with Arthur Andersen and US Bank.
Partial List of Transactions
- Chevron Office Campus, Concord, CA: 570,000 SF, 30 Acres Redevelopment
- 1450 Treat Boulevard., Walnut Creek, CA, medical office: 150,000 SF
- 2700 Mitchell Drive, Walnut Creek, CA, office/R&D: 135,000 SF, 12.5 Acres
- 39899 Balentine Drive, Newark, CA, office: 114,000 SF
- 5975 West Las Positas, Pleasanton, CA, office: 76,000 SF
- Ford Motor Company, Dealership, San Leandro, CA, retail: 55,000 SF
- Charles Schwab, Walnut Creek, CA, retail: 17,707 SF
Professional Achievements and Affiliations
- Number 1 Producer, Walnut creek, 2014
- Top 5 Producer, Newmark (NorCal) 2007, 2012-2014, 2016, 2018
- CoStar Power Broker
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Mr. Zylstra earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration majoring in finance and accounting from Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.