Michael Silverman, MAI, CRE, MRICS is an Executive Vice President at Newmark Valuation & Advisory. As a leader of the Philadelphia office, he focuses his practice on the eastern half of Pennsylvania and southern half of New Jersey.
Michael brings to his position over 25 years of valuation and advisory experience. He has performed valuations and market studies on a wide variety of properties, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial facilities, multifamily residences, vacant land, subdivisions and special-purpose properties such as college campuses, churches, car washes and sports facilities. These properties include proposed, partially completed, renovated and existing structures. Michael has performed valuations for condemnation purposes, title issues, estate planning, financing, equity participation and due diligence support. His clients have included life insurance companies, banks and financial institutions, developers and investors, law firms, businesses and government agencies.
He joined Newmark from Integra Realty Resources, when Newmark acquired the Philadelphia office along with several other IRR offices in 2017.
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS:
- “Big Sale of Land between Old City and NoLibs Offers Chance to Make a Mark,” Philadelphia Inquirer (February 21, 2017)
- “Office Tower Planned at Long-Empty lot near Philadelphia City Hall,” Philadelphia Inquirer (December 19, 2016)
- “Canada Job Searches Soar while Many Business Leaders are Cautious about Trump Victory,” Philadelphia Inquirer (November 9, 2016)
- “Real Estate Bubble? Prices Rising Faster than Rents,” Philadelphia Inquirer (January 19, 2015)
- “In Camden, Development Projects Kindle Hope,” The New York Times (December 9, 2014)
- “Planned Comcast Tech Center Raises Sights in Philadelphia,” The New York Times (January 28, 2014)
- “Philadelphia Schools See Cash in Old Classrooms,” The New York Times (November 12, 2013)
- Instructor, Temple University Real Estate School, 2007-Present
- Appraisal Institute Philadelphia Metro Chapter:
Vice president, 2010
Education chair, 2007 - 2009
LICENSES AND DESIGNATIONS
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- CRE designation, the Counselors of Real Estate
- Member, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of New Jersey
- Licensed real estate broker, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Michael earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in real estate from the Pennsylvania State University. He has also successfully completed numerous real estate and valuation courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others.