Michael Silverman, MAI, CRE, MRICS is a Senior Managing Director at Newmark Valuation & Advisory, and Market Co-Leader for eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
Silverman brings to his position more than 29 years of valuation and advisory experience. He has performed valuations, consulting, and market studies on a wide variety of property types, including shopping centers, office properties, multifamily communities, development sites, and special-purpose properties such as college campuses, museums, places of worship, and sports facilities. These properties include proposed, partially completed, renovated and existing structures. Silverman has performed valuations for condemnation purposes, title issues, matrimonial, estate planning, arbitration, lease negotiations, tax assessment appeals, financing, equity participation and due diligence support. His clients have included life insurance companies, banks and financial institutions, developers and investors, law firms, businesses, quasi government and government agencies.
He joined Newmark from Integra Realty Resources in 2017.
Quotes from Publications
- “Big Sale of Land between Old City and NoLibs Offers Chance to Make a Mark,” Philadelphia Inquirer (February 21, 2017)
- “Office Tower Planned at Long‐Empty lot near Philadelphia City Hall,” Philadelphia Inquirer (December 19, 2016)
- “Canada Job Searches Soar while Many Business Leaders are Cautious about Trump Victory,” Philadelphia Inquirer (November 9, 2016)
- “Real Estate Bubble? Prices Rising Faster than Rents,” Philadelphia Inquirer (January 19, 2015)
- “In Camden, Development Projects Kindle Hope,” The New York Times (December 9, 2014)
- “Planned Comcast Tech Center Raises Sights in Philadelphia,” The New York Times (January 28, 2014)
- “Philadelphia Schools See Cash in Old Classrooms,” The New York Times (November 12, 2013)
- Appraisal Institute Philadelphia Metro Chapter:
• President, 2011
• Vice president, 2010
• Treasurer, 2009
• Education chair, 2007 – 2009
• Secretary, 2008
- Counselors of Real Estate – Delaware Valley Chapter
• Chair, 2017
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- CRE designation, the Counselors of Real Estate
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and State of New Jersey
- Licensed real estate broker, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Silverman earned a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in real estate from the Pennsylvania State University. He has also successfully completed numerous real estate and valuation courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others.