Michael Kürschner is a methodical strategist with a broad range of practical and theoretical experience in services covering high technology, digital transformation, operations, and strategic planning. As a Managing Director in Newmark’s Global Consulting and Workplace Strategy group - a division of the firm’s Global Corporate Services (GCS) - Kürschner supports clients through their transformation to digital real estate management, and the generational change in corporate management.
Kürschner has supported the real estate management strategy at mid-sized, regional companies, as well as large global corporations. He recently supported a global Facility Service Provider in setting up the IWMS platform for a German company with one of the largest real estate portfolios in the country.
Prior to Newmark, Kürschner was an Implementation Manager at Planon, where he led the implementation of IWMS/CAFM systems and ensured compliance with lease accounting basics and IFRS16. Some projects while at Planon included: the design and implementation of a global portfolio management software for a German automotive supplier; and the implementation of an IWMS platform for a high-profile bank in Europe.
Early in his career, Kürschner was a Portfolio Manager for a State Entity in Central Germany, responsible for property management, commercial, technical and infrastructural facility management (facility services) and project management of CAFM software. He provided optimization of FM costs through the entire life cycle, and profitability calculations for purchase and/or rental decisions. His understanding of facility management strategy influenced the planning and construction of new sites.
Kürschner shares his experience with the next generation of professionals through his lectures on real estate management, facility management, and business intelligence.
Areas of Specialty
- IWMS/CAFM Implementation
- Corporate Real Estate Management
- Facilities Management
- Program and Project Management
- Software Design and Training
Kürschner has a diploma in Business and Engineering from Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University, as well as a Master of Science from Hochschule Wismar.
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), since 2013
- Member, Bundesverband für die Immobilienwirtschaft (BVFI), Germany
- Docent, Duale Hochschule Gera-Eisenach (State University), since 2010
- Certified Project Manager, Project Management Austria (IPMA)
- Co-Author, “Productivity Measurement of Real Estate Services using a CAFM Application,” Facility Management Conference, 2014
- Co-Author, “Productivity Measurement of Facility Services – a web-based CAFM Application,” XXIII International RESER Conference, 2013