Michael F. McLaughlin joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2017 as a Vice President. He is an appraiser in the Whippany, New Jersey office, which covers the northern and central half of New Jersey.
Michael has 18 years of valuation experience in a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial real estate appraisal and consulting assignments including easements and condemnation; office buildings; special-purpose properties; shopping centers; apartment buildings; multifamily development appraisals; financial analyses; market and feasibility studies; subdivision and land development analysis; property tax consulting; and other real estate advisory services.
Prior to Newmark, Michael worked at Integra Realty Resources (IRR) in its Whippany office for more than 14 years.
- Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
Licenses and Designations
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of New Jersey and New York
- Real estate referral agent, state of New Jersey
Michael earned a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University, where his relevant coursework covered quantitative methodology in business, production management, securities and investments, microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, professional communications and business law.
Additionally, Michael has completed the following Appraisal Institute courses:
- Principles of Real Estate Appraisal
- Procedures of Real Estate Appraisal
- Basic Income Capitalization
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- General Applications
- General Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
- Business Practices and Ethics
Michael also regularly attends seminars, lectures and classes to keep up-to-date on issues affecting the appraisal field and real estate industry in general.