As a Director in Newmark’s Minneapolis-St. Paul office, Matt Elder currently teams with Managing Director Steve Shepherd, SIOR, to provide office brokerage services to clients throughout the Twin Cities, with a focus on customized landlord representation services and owner/user building sales. Matt has distinguished himself among his peers through hard work, honesty and an approach to brokerage that emphasizes creativity and communication. Newmark has selected Matt as one of its Rising Stars for 2019.
Matt joined Newmark in 2017, when he was recruited to help start the firm’s agency leasing team in Minneapolis-St. Paul. He was previously an associate in the office brokerage division of Colliers International. Known for his proactive approach and responsive communication style, Matt is considered a rising star in the community. As an added value to his clients, he participates in numerous industry organizations including NAIOP’s Developing Leaders board and leads the Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors® (MNCAR’s) Emerging Brokers Committee. These organizations offer unparalleled networking opportunities, engaged market discussion and national exposure.
Partial Client Lists
|Altus Real Estate
|Bridgewater Bank||Onward Investors|
|Felton Properties||Piedmont Office Realty Trust|
|Hyde Development||Sterling REIT|
|Minnesota Bankers Association||Swervo Development|
- Certified Commercial Investment Member, CCIM Institute
- Member, Minnesota Commercial Association of Realtors® (MNCAR); Chairperson, Emerging Brokers Committee
- Member, NAIOP; board member, Developing Leaders program
- Newmark Rising Star, 2019
- Rising Young Professional, Finance & Commerce, 2019
- Rising Star, MNCAR, 2019
- Coach, North Oaks Academy
- Assistant coach, Bethel Men’s Soccer
- New Hope Lions
- Minneapolis City Soccer Club
Matt earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business management from the University of Wisconsin-Superior.