Mary Burnton joined Newmark in 2017 as a managing director in the Minneapolis office, where she focuses on landlord advisory work as well as tenant representation. Ms. Burnton is also the head of diversity for the Newmark Minneapolis office.
Prior to Newmark, Ms. Burnton served as senior vice president at Zeller Realty Group in Minneapolis, where she successfully leased several downtown and suburban office properties at above-market rates, including LaSalle Plaza, Fifth Street Towers, International and Oracle Centers, Canadian Pacific Plaza, Wells Fargo Plaza, Pondview Plaza and Edina Corporate Center.
Ms. Burnton’s previous commercial real estate positions include leasing director at Eagle Ridge Partners, a Twin Cities developer/redeveloper/ investor, and leasing director at LaSalle Partners (now JLL).
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST:
- CoStar Power Broker, 2014 and 2016
- Finalist for Transaction of the Year (for Aspen Research Corp.), Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate/REALTORS® (MNCAR), 2012
- Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate/REALTORS® (MNCAR)
- Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women Network (MNCREW)
- Advisory board, Xceligent
- Board member and treasurer, Mid-Continent Oceanographic Institute
- Community Partners Committee, Twin Cities in Motion
- Member, League of Women Voters Minnesota
- Volunteer, Meals on Wheels
- Volunteer, People Serving People
Ms. Burnton earned her Master of Business Administration degree in finance from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and her Bachelor of Business Administration degree in marketing from the University of North Dakota.