Margaret Knize, CCIM, joined Newmark in 2019 following its acquisition of MLG Commercial. As a director in Newmark’s Milwaukee office, Ms. Knize specializes in counseling clients on expanding and optimizing the value and use of their real estate portfolios. She also advises on developing and implementing strategic real estate positioning and project management programs that support core business objectives in relation to the acquisition, development and disposition of land, retail and office space.
Ms. Knize joined MLG Commercial as a vice president in 2007, bringing with her more than 20 years of experience advising executive management on their real estate portfolios. Previously, she was the vice president of real estate, construction and design for M&I Marshall & Ilsley Corporation (BMO Harris). In this position, she directed all activities related to strategic planning, analysis, development, site acquisition, disposition and leasing. She also managed the design and construction groups for the company’s real estate portfolio. Prior to BMO, Ms. Knize worked with Hewitt Associates LLC (AON Hewitt) as the codirector of the Real Estate Project Management Group and with the McDonnell Douglas Corporation (Boeing Corporation) as a corporate real estate specialist.
Partial List of Recent Lease Transactions
- Warehouse lease - 338,000 SF, Nashua, NH
- Warehouse lease - 198,000 SF, Lancaster, PA
- Warehouse lease - 110,000 SF, Carol Stream, IL
- Warehouse lease - 90,000 SF, City of Industry, CA
Partial List of Recent Sale Transactions
- Land purchase - 49 acres, Wilmer, TX
- Land purchase - 5 acres, San Diego, CA
- Warehouse purchae - 210,000 SF, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Warehouse purchase - 120,000 SF, Milwaukee, WI
- Warehouse purchase - 105,000 SF, Grapevine, TX
- National Association of Realtors
- Wisconsin Realtor Association
- Wisconsin Real Estate Licensee
- Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin (CARW)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designee
Ms. Knize earned a Master in Business Administration degree from St. Louis University and a Bachelor of Science degree in architecture, planning and design with honors from the Illinois Institute of Technology.